Chapter 19.)

• Ivy's POV •

Tonight Caspian and I we were finishing reading Romeo and Juliet. Caspian hadn't finished the whole book, so I was doing the honors of finishing it with him. It's was a cold, and gloomy night outside. Thick rain poured down the spine-chilling statues, and pitter pattered on the flooded windows. Inside it was warm and toasty, as Caspian and I sat in front of the fire place on a red leather chair. I sat on Caspian's lap as my head rested on the side of his. His left arm was wrapped around me holding my upper arm, while his right was holding the book in between his fingers, as he read the last paragraph.

"The sun, for sorrow," his voice read soothingly, almost sulking me to sleep. "will not show his head. Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things. Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished. For never was a story of more woe Than this of his Juliet and her Romeo." He slowly closed the book. "That. . That was a really good book." His hand shook it once out in front of him, then he knocked on the hard cover. "Thank you for making me read that V." He smiled.

I lifted my head up to look at him, leaning my head on my fist; resting my elbow on the chair behind his head. "V?" I asked. He had never called me that before, only my friends did, but it was cute. "V? What was that?" I said in a high pitched tone. "You never give me nick names." I laughed giving him a kiss on the cheek. He chuckled as I continued on talking. "But yes yes, by all means your welcome. I told you it was a good story" I said yawing.

"You know ivy, I've been thinking and about the running away—" he started but was cut off by the piercing ring of the old phone. "Oh hold on one sec, lemme go get that." He said getting up, as I slid off his lap. He disappeared around the corner into the kitchen. He answered the phone from the other side of the wall. "Hello? . . . Mom?!? It's so good to hear your voice how have you been?" He continued on. I sat in the silence besides him speaking on the phone now and then. I looked around at the blue light of the street lamps coming in through the windows. Just then I heard a knock at the door. I got up to go get it.

"Ivy?" Caspian asked leaning around the corner of the kitchen holding the phone to his chest.

"Yeah I got it." I yelled back without giving it a second thought. Caspian went back to the kitchen to continue on his conversation with May-his mother. I walked over to the door then opened it.

•Caspian's Pov •

"Yeah mom, everything's fine here."

"Oh good, I just feel so bad I haven't kept in contact with you."

"No no, mom I don't want you to feel bad you've been plenty busy at work."

"Oh alright then. Maybe a light brunch or supper sometime during the week? Perhaps tomorrow?"

"Yeah, how bout' tomorrow at noon?"

"Sounds great sweettheart! I can't wait to see you, I don't think I'll ever get over allowing the arranged marriage."

"Actually hey mom, I was going to thank you for this whole.. arrangement thing, and I wanted to ask you someth—"

"AHHHH" I suddenly heard Ivy scream as loud as she could from the other room.

"M-mom I've got to go-" I stuttered in shock as my hands began to shake at the sudden intensity of the moment. I didn't know what was going on in the other room, I knew whatever it was it was bad.

"Wait casp-" my mom started to say but I dropped it just when I heard Ivy scream a second time.

"HELP! CASPIAN!?" ivy let out a gut wrenching scream in agony. The home phone hit the ground with a loud crack. I sprinted to the other room in a rush to see what was going on. I could hear my mothers voice stray from the phone that laid still on the ground, "—Caspian  where are you going?!"

I sprinted into the entry way to see Ivy and a man dressed all black wrestling around as she fought back. He flung her against the wall as she hit the table up against it, her head making a loud crashing sound as it hit the coat hangers behind her head. "Let go of me!" She yelled, when he retorted back by throwing a punch at her, luckily missing hitting the wall as Ivy continued to scream crying. "Caspian! Help!!!" She whimpered looking to me, when BAM! Her face flew to the other side, knocked by his clenched fist. Ivy let out a faint gasp, as both of her hands drew up immediately to hold her face. She didn't notice when he reached down, and grabbed a gun from his coat pocket. He pointed the gun at her directly between her eyes from where he stood just a foot away from her tremoring frail hands. She looked up, terror in her eyes as she realized she was about to die. "Caspian!" She yelled, not takin any of her attention off of the black loaded barrel, now just inches away from her head. My mind instantly told me to run, so I did. I sprinted, practically launching myself in front of Ivy as the gun shot off. My body landed right in the bullets direct path, as I dove to her rescue.

A fire sensation filled my chest, like it was being torn from the inside out. The stinging sensation around my heart filled my head with memories of how it felt when ivy and I broke up the night of the party. Then it soon followed with happy sensations, as my whole life flashed in front of my eyes like a strobe light. My body slid down the wall, and all I could hear was yelling fill my head.