Chapter 18.)

A/N
I picture the song playing during this scene. I think it fits for What Ivy is feeling really well. You can listen to it if you want. 💓

_________________________________________

• Ivy's POV •

"Should we head back to the house now?" Caspian asked, when everything went dark and the movie had ended.

"Yeah, I'll grab some stuff and put it on the picnic basket." I smiled, doing as I said I would.

"Ok ill gather up the candles," he grabbed a few picking them up in his hands the flames still lit.

"Aren't you going to blow them out?" I asked with a confused smile.

"They're," He held one up loosely in his hand, "they're fake candles," he smiled, then confined gathering them all scattered about.

"Huh," I my lips slumped, as I picked up the last of the plates and dishes. I put everything in the picking basket including the tiny fake candles Caspian handed me.

"Here I'll take that," he grabbed the basket handle out of my hand before I could even speak.

"Oh-uh thanks," I laughed, tracing in his footsteps through the dark back to the path. I carried the blanket in my hands while he, the worn picnic basket.

• • •

I blindly followed him, not realizing we were now on a back road. I looked to Caspian by my side, the yellow lines in the middle of the road, and the trees lining the other side. I looked behind us, as we walked in the middle of the road. Luckily no care ever used this road. Only a mountain, and the looming moon peacefully watched us walk from behind.

"Hey, Casp, where are we going?"

"First time you've given me a nickname." He somewhat smirked down at me then rolled his eyes.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Eh, I figured we could take a walk. It's a nice night." He took my hand looking down, then looked up and all around at the midnight sky.

"Yeah it sure it," I have him a radiant smile. I was stuck, holding his hand staring at his face in awe. There was just something about him. Maybe it was his smile; it wasn't like the rest. Or maybe it was his body? No I love him for much more than that. Perhaps it was truly his personality? Yes that's it. The little things he always did, acting like a kid, like sticking his tongue out, crossing his eyes or rolling them. It takes me back to a better time in my life when I was a kid, Caspian and I were friends, and the abuse hadn't started yet. It reminds me of a time where I felt everything in the world was good. Now he's the only thing that's good. I try to stand up on my own two feet, but with Caspian that's hard, and I don't mind that one bit. Caspian cares about me so he's naturally protective. That's I how I know he's not faking all of this.

My thumb grazed Caspian's knuckles making him swiftly look down at me.

"I've—I've never . . done it with anyone before," my teeth seized in instant regret that my words came out more cringed than I meant them to be.

"What?" He asked his face immediately growing with complex confusion. "I just assumed—"

"That I had?" I asked finishing his sentence.