"Oh, my god, Simon!" Clary said.

Jace and Raphael took Simon into the outside side door to the basement.

Rose stood off in the corner, staring at her friend.

She may have found him annoying at times, but he was still her friend, and she still cared.

"People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter." Jace said.

"I'll go. I'll tell them we didn't find anything. Nobody will come down here." Alec said, before leaving.

"I might be a vampire.... But I was raised a good Catholic." Raphael said.

"The vampires breached the Accords. Killing Simon is grounds for war." Izzy said.

"The vampires were not behind this. Just Camille. She attacked Simon on her own. " Raphael said.

"And how do we know you're telling the truth?" Jace asked him.

"I could have gotten rid of him, but instead I brought him here. I don't want trouble with the Shadowhunters." He said.

"Smart decision." Rose spoke up, still looking over towards Simon.

"I warned the mundane to stay away... But Camille gave him a taste of her own blood, and like an addict.... He came back wanting more."

"The only reason Simon ever tasted Camille's blood is because of you. You kidnapped him! You drug him to Hotel DuMort. You.... You delivered him to Camille!" Clary yelled at him, tears threatening to spill.

"I never meant for this to happen." He defended.

Clary broke down.

"Simon. Simon, please come back, please!" She yelled.

Rose watched, her eyes watering slightly.

"There is a way." Raphael started.

"'A way' what?" Rose asked, in a voice that was almost a forced calm, making eyes go to her.

"A way to bring Simon back."

"You can do that? How? How?" Clary asked.

"He's a fledgling.  It's a state of transition. Your friend can be resurrected."

"No." Jace said.

"Clary, no." Izzy added.

"So I could have Simon back? Alive and breathing?" Clary asked him.

"That's just it. He won't return alive or breathing. He'll be a vampire." Izzy said.

"And not the sexed up, romantic kind. The ugly, bloodsucking, coffin-dwelling kind." Jace added.

"That's offensive."

"Really?" Jace said.

"Coffin implies wooden box. We have caskets now. They're made of 14-karat gold. "

"My bad. "

"It's almost sunrise. Simon must be turned into a vampire tonight or staked through the heart."

"And if I do neither?" Clary asked.

"His soul will be trapped for eternity. You have till sunset to decide. The clock is ticking."

"Clary listen to me. You can't do this. Simon never wanted to be apart of this, you know that. If you do this, he may never forgive you." Rose said coming over towards her.

"It might be the only way to bring him back. Rosalie you don't understand." Clary said.

"Don't. I do understand. I understand completely. Simon wouldn't want this. You know where I stand, and I can't be a part of it." She said, fighting back the part of her that wanted to let go.