Chapter 104

Epilogue pt. 1

Gavin
{5 years later}

"Daddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyy" I remained still and quiet as I heard my soon to be five-year-old son Isaac calling for me. "Daaaddddy, dadddddddddyyyyyy. Get up, get up." He says shaking me as much as he can.

Barely opening one of my eyes I see Isaac pouting. I quickly grab him as I begin tickling him as he laughs loudly. "You got me, daddy." I smile at son. "Good morning. Where is mommy at." "My brotders home." "Your brothers are home." "We going to play all day." "Where is your sister." "I don't know." "Come on let's go downstairs."

Isaac gets off of my bed and waits for me to get up as we head down the steps. As we entered the kitchen Mila came running toward me "Dadddddddyyyyyyy" I picked her up placing a kiss on her cheek. "Good morning princess." "Good morning daddy. Look who home." "I see your brothers as Steve came running towards me.

Isaac & Mila

"DDDDDDDDDDAAAADDDDDDYY- why don't you have on a shirt dad" Steve said after he stops running

"DDDDDDDDDDAAAADDDDDDYY- why don't you have on a shirt dad" Steve said after he stops running. "Because this is my house," I said walking further into the kitchen with Mila in my arms. "Exactly when are you two going to get a house, apartment, condo, penthouse or something." "Dad I'm not paying bills long as I have you and momma," Steve said while Jonah laughed. "Stuff is expensive and I can't do it."

"What have I always told yall. Can't is not acceptable." "Okay I am unable to do it," Steve said. "and besides Isaac and Mila still live here?" Steve said. "They are four years old," I said. "Momma" Steve yelled as Mila got down to go play with Isaac and Jonah. Simone came into the kitchen holding our three-month-old daughter Sa'vin. Jonah and Steve combined mine and Simone's name since she is the last child.

"What's going on?" Steven went to get Sa'vin from Simone

"What's going on?" Steven went to get Sa'vin from Simone. "Dad says me and Jonah are too old to be living here. And he doesn't have on a shirt. Watch soon as dad kiss you boom Ima have another sister or brother. Actually can yall go for twins again another boy and girl." I stood up walking over to them then hit Steve in the back of the head.

"Good morning sweetheart." I kissed her cheek. "I'll be back I need to get dressed," I said then jogged up the steps. After doing my morning routine and getting dressed I go back downstairs only to find Jonah holding Sa'vin. I go take a seat beside him. "You have been quiet today. Is everything alright?" "Yeah, I'm just happy to be home. How are things with Nicole." Sadness washed all over Jonah as e begin to talk.

"Nicole is pregnant." I looed at my son. "Clearly your mom doesn't know because you're still breathing." Jonah chuckled as he got up laying Sa'vin in her bassinet. Jonah sat back down next to me.

"It's not mine. She was using me for my money and stature. She stole about 30 million out of my account." "Did you call the police and get your money back?" "No, I called grandma." "That girl would have been safer with the police." Jonah laughed. "I knew you were going to ask her to marry you." "I was planning to marry her. I thought she was the one for me, but she never wanted me just what I had."

"Before your mom, I had tons of women after me and part of me loved the affection and attention. However, it was a big part of me that hated it. Memories of Simone's face would invade my mind at the right time. When she came back I knew she was all I wanted. You are going to have that space where girls are going to be all over you, but you have to find that one who you can trust with the key to your soul. Your mom took mine when I was a teenager and truthfully it was the best decision I ever made."

"Why did you and momma chose perfect to sing at yall's wedding?" I smiled as my mind went back to that day. "If you listen to the lyrics very carefully you will hear mine and your mom's story. When we were kids we didn't know what love meant or was, when we grew up it was still evident and we had to go through hell to get to where we are now. Even now when we argue or fight I want us to end it quickly as possible for the simple fact we spend so much time apart I don't want to waste any more on irrelevant things." Jonah nodded.

"Will I have what you and momma have one day." "Absolutely not. You have to have your own story." "Well, for the right not my parents love story is my favorite," Jonah said smiling. "One day you will tell your kids about their grandparent's wedding day and how the love was present how their hearts intertwined and just maybe that will be their favorite story too." "They will"

"Dad do you miss the NFL" "When I hear it from sports journalist its one thing, but to hear it from my son it's different. I can tell a sportscaster I miss the roaring of the crowd when I step out on the football field. The burst of energy when it's down to the wire and your team is counting on you. I can miss all those and then some more but what I get now is so much better. I get to see my kids more, I see two of my sons playing in the NFL, taking Isaac and Mila to school, spending time with my wife. I go something better and greater than what the gridiron could ever offer me."

"Does that mean you are ready for then to officially retire your jersey." "I am." "What are you doing for your and mom anniversary." "Well, your aunt and uncle Gwen and Odell want to throw us a party. I, on the other hand, want to be at home. Your mom said we going so we going." "Happy wife, happy life." "Exactly son," I said as we both laughed. "Could you imagine if you just had football and none of us." "No, I couldn't. I had it before it was horrible I hated it and myself. I would choose this over anything."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt. Jonah, the twins want you they are outside." Jonah got up going outside as Simone comes taken a seat beside me. "You okay sweetheart," I asked kissing her forehead. "Of course." She replied interlacing our fingers together. "Jonah and Nicole broke up." Simone sat up quickly. "I told you that Heffer wasn't good enough and right for our son." I laughed pulling her back down on me.

"Baby calm down. Everything is fine. Our two oldest sons are still navigating their way around. They will know when they have found their queen." "DO you know what I want for all of our kids." "To move out of our house so we can walk around naked and fuck all day." Simone laughed and pushed me. "No, I hope they find a raw that is unexplainable and no one can break. Like ours." While kissing Simone deeply Sa'vin begin to cry. "I'll get her," I told Simone.

After picking up Sa'vin I changer her diaper sitting back down on the couch, Simone came back with a bottle which Sa'vin didn't want. Holding Sa'vin in my right arm Simone was on the left side of me snuggled up against me as she interlaced our fingers. "Can you believe we have been married for five years," Simone asked me. "I said I wanted to be married to for forever and even that isn't long enough." "I love you, Gavin." I kissed Simone. "I love you more sweetheart," I said as we watched the movie.

Jonah

Holding the flowers look down. "Hey, grandma," I say as I kneel down at her grave. "I miss you so much. I watch the sunrise and set as much as possible especially the sunrises and in the beauty of them I always look for you." Taken a deep breath my fingers trace over her headstone. I just wish I had more time with you. I wish I had the chance to tell you I forgive you and that you were right." Tears escaped my eyes.

"My relationship is growing daily and he is a great dad. Once my wall of pain came down and the smoke cleared I saw his pain as well. He cheers so loud at games for me but no one is louder than my cheerleader in heaven. I love you so much grandma, I know you can see me but I wish you were here. Momma is the happiest I ever saw her and honestly, so I am. We went through hell, but we are still here. I just wish I didn't have to lose you." I said crying over my grandma's grave.

Arriving back home Steve comes rushing outside. "Jonah look at this." Looking at it I look back at Steve. "Are you serious." "Yep. Tomorrow for mom and dad's wedding anniversary this will be their surprise from me." I smiled hugging Steve. "Momma might kill you," I said laughing.

"I love little brother," I say to Steve as we walk in the house.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: