Chapter 84

Gavin

                      {Next week}

“Gwen tell me everything is in place.” “Gavin everything is in place.” “Are you mocking me?” She laughed a little. “No, I’m serious everything is in place. Stop worrying.” “How can you tell me to stop worrying. I want her birthday party to be something she will always remember.” “She will just relax.” I sit down looking around at the half did room. “What’s really bothering you.” “I’m petrified I’m going to mess things up with Simone and Jonah again.” “How? Why would you.” “I’m not planning to it’s just there.”

“Gavin listen to me. Your not the same high school boy. You’re a grown man and since you found out you have a son you have really been doing all you can to be in his life. It’s still you have a lot to learn about Jonah and Simone but more importantly yourself. You have a beautiful family Gav, don’t let your dark thoughts mess it up.” I smile. “I told Jonah something like this not long ago.” “Then what is it? And the truth this time. “I won't lose them. Jonah is going off to college and I still want to do so much with him. Simone, I just want to grow with her every day. I-I don’t know.” “I think I do. You just got Simone back and things are slowly building with you and Jonah and it’s going to change again.”

“I should have tried harder. To find Simone. I ask her mom again. To just do anything.” “Gavin stop that’s enough. Yours, Simone, and Jonah’s tears are what is going to nourish these relationships, and who knows it might even bring Simone and Jonah closer. The tears yall have shed have to lead yall to this point, this place. Yes, it was a long time. Our time is not like God’s timing. Stop worrying.” “I don’t want Jonah or Simone to be Maddison or anybody else’s victim again. Even though that bitch is somewhere out there what if she comes back to hurt and torture them again. I just want her done with once and for all. I’m sick of her calling.” “Find out what she wants.”

I looked at Gwen. “This is taken over you the only way for it not to is to face that twisted bitch. You know her games and her manipulation so what can she do to you.” Thinking about what Gwen said I got my keys left. Arriving at the hospital as sick fell upon me while anger coursed through me when I thought about all she did to Simone and I, then my son. I knew the room number I just walked into her room. Her head turned in my direction “Gavin,” she said happily. “You finally came.” “Maddison I just came to tell you a few things.” “But you do I need to say this before I can't anymore. Well, two things actually.” I nodded for her to continue.

“I know what I did was wrong but can you blame me. I had to protect Simone.” “Wait let me get this straight you did all of this protect her. How?” “It doesn’t matter what does is that I love her, she is my best friend and if I had to do it all over again.” “You would still have done it, Maddison. Only this time you would have made sure you didn’t get caught and Allen didn’t rat you out.”

“That’s not true.” “It is” “I want to talk to Jonah.” I laughed. “If you think you for a split second you are getting near my son they have you on too much pain medicine cause you have gone delusional.” “Now what else do you want.” “Gavin,” she says in a seductive tone. “Stop your shit now.” “Come on Gavin, just one more time. I’ll make it worth the trip.” She says as the flings the covers off her and opens her legs.

“I’m not even tempted. I should have never married you. I never wanted to be with you. I am going to marry the woman I am falling in love with. The mother of my kids. You will never be her or compare to her. You took enough from us and I will not allow you to take anymore. All your games are done with. I have my family and neither  you or some other bitch is going to make a mess my family up.” “you forgive Allen, but not me. You know that little pussy wanted to tell you a long time go back in college, to be honest. Remember that weekend he went M.I.A, I slipped him some acid. Actually a lot of it. I couldn’t have him fucking up what I had done.”

“You can't touch us Maddison, none of us anymore.” I leaned down to her ear. “I wish that fall would have killed your ass.” She laughed. “I fucked Simone before you did. I will always be the one who gave her, her first orgasm. Who knew what she tastes like.” She laid back on her bed laughing. “Maddison. Who is Simone with.” I laughed then walked her room as she called my name.  

                           Jonah