Chapter Nine

Honestly, the back passage was unknown for a reason. Once we entered it was just a long dark path where water would drip on our heads as we continued to walk. It was like it never ended. I didn't think there was possible to have a tunnel this long. Boy was I wrong. 

"Are we even close to the end."

I snickered and tried to look back where Gram was. I could see a very light outline of him but nothing else. Same with everyone. Even Comment and he was right next to me with a hand on my shoulder. I was second in the line as the tunnel was not wide enough for us to walk side by side let alone two side by side. My hand rested on Molly's shoulder as she was the only one out of us that could see through the darkness. Of course I wish she could just shadow travel us out of here. Did it sound pretty good a few minutes? hours? who even knows ago when Vidia suggested it. Molly just simply stated that transporting that many people would be way too dangerous and be a risk of losing one of us in the soul chambers. I didn't even ask what that meant as I had no idea and stayed quiet along with the others. 

"I don't know. I never used the tunnels that much. I did it once and when I was out of sight I shadow traveled where I wanted to go."

There were a few groans. 

"Is there really no way for you to shadow travel?"

Vidia suggested it again, but Molly only let out a frustrated sigh in response and started walking faster.

"Uh, I think it would be best to talk about something else before Molly decides to ditch us and shadow travel herself out of here."

I heard a few grunts of approval and let out a breath I was holding as the tension slowly but surely drained from the room. I thought to myself for a bit. I mean I have never tried to use this power without some kind of light source around but then again I never had a demon in me before either. 

"I know this is a bit of a long shot but I could try to light the area a bit so we can see where we are?"

"You just thought of this genius? and we have been walking for how long."

I looked behind me so I could glare at Viddia but I couldn't see a thing. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes trying to do my best to bring any close source of light to me. 

"Ok too bright sparky! Too bright!"

I opened my eyes seeing the others clutching the eyes. I cringed slightly to see that I didn't just summon the light but I was the light. I looked at my arms and like glowing gold dust-covered my arms, hand basically everywhere. I let some of the light dim down still looking down at my hands amazed. 

"When did you learn to do that? You didn't use that power during the battle firefly."

I glared at Vidia and looked back at my hands.

"I didn't even know I could do that. But let's get walking before I spark out."

Comment and Gram laughed at my comments bt the three girls just rolled their eyes and pushed past us to lead the way. I glowed a bit brighter doing my best to give them more light but I didn't want to be a shock grenade to their eyeballs. 

"You know I almost prefer the darkness because both ways we look you can't see anything. It is like the tunnel swallowed the outside."

I could see what Vidia was talking about. I looked behind us and you could only see darkness and ahead of us was the same case. I gulped bring my hands to my temples giving them a quick rub. Even though it seemed like it should be easy to use this power as it was only light holding against my body it really sucked. It is like using a muscle you have to train to have it become stronger or it is hard. So it is a lot harder than me to contain the glow rather than use it to blind someone. I could feel the sweat running down my back and along my nose. My hair for sure was damp or socked. It honestly could be either-or.