Chapter Three

The Cabin was huge, to say the least. From the outside, it was a simple log cabin with a great amount fo gardening down in the front. There were great vines up and around the vines that about reached the roof. There were giant flowers brightening the place and little bushes that were complementary to the bright colors around them. Jimmy led us inside the double doors. The inside was lined with bunk beds and a huge sensory of the great tree. The ceiling was a mirror of a great sunset with the symbol of Frey as a shadow along the waters. My brother and I stared at the brightness of the cabin and completely forgot about the others in the cabin. Everyone seemed to be looking at us even those that were supposed to be asleep were up looking in our general direction. I nudged my brother's side causing him to glare at me for taking him out of his trance. I saw Jimmy climb to the top bunk where there was an empty one next to it. We turned our gaze to the curious kids and young adults that seemed to wait on what we were going to do. We walked over were like good all times Ice took the top and I took the bottom. It brought back memories of when we shared a room and used to fight who got to sleep on which bunk. I smiled and saw that my bag and gear were already on my bunk and Ices was hanging on a hook to the right. 

"Why do you guys have such weird armor?"

We both laughed and turned to see a little kid above Jimmy staring down at the interesting armor that was hanging up next to us and mine in which was folded and stacked neatly on my bed. Jimmy was smiling and nodded to the kids above him. 

"This is John. He is probably one of the younger kids of the Frey kids. Isn't that right buddy?"

He smiled proudly and nodded his head. He could not have been older than 10. That was even pushing it. He had green eyes that were full of wonder and curiosity and spiky black hair that stood out against his tanned skin.

My brother climbed to the top so He was across from the kids while I went ahead and sat crosslegged across from Jimmy

"We were them when we fight the bad guys. Especially from where we come from."

The little boy tilted his head, raising an eyebrow at my brother. 

"Aren't you guys half-bloods like us?"

"Sorta, we originate from here but we were given a choice when we were little and we choose to go to Asgard with Frey while Clover came here."

"Why did you two get a choice?"

"Ice that is enough, I am sorry John but we have to get rest. I think we all do."

I stood up quickly taking my belongings and sliding them under my bunk. We shouldn't have told him that we had a choice. For the most part, no one did. Only a handful do. Most of our siblings that are with us in the castle are not demi-gods. They have nief or fey or mermaid or something else that is not human in their bloodstream. 

"Why?"

I looked at the little boy that so eagerly wanted answers and it hurt that I had to say no but we couldn't tell him that we were hairs to Frey and were going to be the next generation of the god. That is not fair. Not to any of them. I knew Clover didn't even like it but he knew the truth of the whole thing. We all did and sometimes the truth was cold but it was the face of the matter.