Chapter Six

I took a deep breath. I could see the light through my closed eyes. I blinked a few times and I heard a rush of cheering and sounds going on. I slowly sat up seeing people around. I saw everyone gathered in the infirmary. I reached up rubbing my head as it was pounding. The last thing I remember was the fight with the giant snake falling down in pain after tieing her down. I didn't want to look at my leg but I knew eventually I would have to. I could see no one noticed me up and about yet but they all looked older, different. I saw Ice and Clover talking but by the bracelets on some of their wrists they were only here temporarily. My two brothers look at me and when they saw me they rubbed their eyes before shooting up and rushing to me. I was stunned and leaned back to the headboard. 

"Are you ok?"

"Do you feel any pain?"

"Do you remember who we are?"

"Do..."

"Will you two shut up! I know who you guys are. I am not stupid."

The whole room went quiet from my voice and turned to look at the three of us. I was soon tackled into a hug from the side. I was stunned and patted whoever hugged my back. I gave my brothers a confused look which they exchanged a look. Once she pulled away I realized just who it was and right behind her was Frey. He was staring down at me concerned. My mom stood up leaning into Frey's side. I looked at them like they were nuts. 

"Ok, why is everyone acting like I just woke up from the dead."

"Because, idiot. you did."

I looked up to see Molly. Her hair was the same dark color. Her eyes sparkled with tears. She slowly sat down on the edge of the bed. 

"You know today is your birthday

"You know today is your birthday. You have been in a coma for a year and two weeks."

I looked at her shocked and at everyone else that stood around me. I was shocked and unsure of what to say. Ice and Clover stood by their wives and I saw that Ice was now holding an infant while Threya stood by his side. Clove and his wife held their girls. I saw Lash and Rela all couple like with ring bands on their fingers. I could go on but everything was different. I mean it was really scary when both Ice and Threya actually have normal colored hair. Like their actual natural brown hair. 

"Well, I guess it would be a bad thing to complain about being tired then?"

Everyone laughed and I broke a small grin. I winced in pain as I moved to sit up more. I gulped and moved the blanket aside to see the damage that was done. I stared down at the prosthetic leg that started just under my knee. It was the same leg that bit in. I took a shaking breath and swung my legs to the side. Frey was the first to my side. 

"Eir did everything she could to save you but she was not able to save the leg. The poison was so bad the skin was completely white. I am sorry Rain. I really am bud."

I looked at my dad forcing a smile. 

"Can you help me get up. I think I been in bed for long enough."