Chapter Eleven

I stood beside Matt while he kept piling clothes in my arms. Everything he pulled out was trashy and clothes that should only be worn by the nasties in high school.

"Okay, I'm done. Now let's go. Those are your sizes, let's go."

The pile of clothes consisted of gross underclothes, low shirts that are a size too small, short skirt and leggings. I am going to look like a hooker.

We walked to the register and he threw the pile on the counter. The woman that was standing there was middle aged, darker skin, dark eyes and wore a beautiful black dress. She looked to fancy to possibly work at a clothes store. This could be my chance. I need to get her attention. He was looking through his wallet and she glanced over at me. I began to mouth out words.

"911" "help" "please help" "call the cops"

Her eyes went wide and she jerked her head back at the register. My heart beat began racing as I sat in silence watching Matt pull out his money.

"Here you go ma'am."

"Excuse me sir, I need to go get a manager. This shirt has a code that I need him for. I apologize."

I felt shaky knowing what she was doing. I was worried he knew also. She walked away and looked back at me.

"What did you do?!"

He yells at me through whisper.

"I did nothing, sir. I promise."

"Let's just get this over with."

She came back moments later.

"Sir, please step aside. We have tapes of you stealing merchandise."

Matt looked startled. He kept eyeballing me, as if he knows I told.

"This is ridiculous! Just ring up the damn clothes and lets go! My girlfriend needs to get home. She isn't doing well."

 Liar. He lies and I'm almost convinced. I suddenly see a cop fast walk to us.

"Hello ma'am. Is there something you need to tell me?"

I glance over at Matt and my hands began to sweat. The pressure is on and I couldn't breathe.

"She's loopy, Officer. Please, allow me to explain. Angelica recently took place in a car accident. She is still a little shaken and her medication makes it harder on her. I have her papers if you need "

He pulled out a folded piece of paper and handed it to the police officer.

"Ah, I see. I'm terribly sorry for the misunderstanding. Get her home as soon as possible."

I went light headed and my eyes got blurry. My head was spinning and I realized what was going on, I am fainting.

"Yes, Officer. I'll take her home."