Chapter 29

Calum was discharged from the hospital two days later, much to his protest. He had said he wouldn't leave Luke, but tiredness was overtaking his body and he admitted he really did need to sleep.

He lay in his bed at night, thinking of ways to make Luke believe he loved him, but every time he came up short of an answer.

He picked up a pen and sat on his bedroom floor, behind the door, and opened up his notebook to a new page. He hesitantly wrote the words 'Luke Hemmings' in his slanted cursive, tapping his lip in the process.

Before long, his page was full with memories of Luke, but also everything he was thinking about him at that time. The one thing that really stood out was the word 'perfection' printed neatly in the middle, surrounded by stars and love hearts. He knew that what he had with Luke was far from perfection, but he hoped - no, he knew - that they could make it work. Lukes eyes were so beautiful, so mesmorizing. His eyes sparkled when he laughed, and Calum wished that he could look as perfect as Luke. But he was okay that he didn't, because he knew that Luke loved him. Or, he hoped he still did. He couldn't bear to think of how Luke had felt when he saw Calum and Michael kiss, but he knew that his own heart had felt ripped to pieces.

Other words scattered the page, things like 'funny, happy, chirpy, blonde, beautiful, cute, dorky, sexy' and so many other words that Calum's head was spinning. He never wanted anyone to see this, his emotions raw and vulnerable on this piece of paper.

He knew that he would never give up on waiting for Luke to awake, never wanting to miss the opportunity to see this beauty again.

But it would be a long wait and he missed Luke already. Calum hoped with all his heart that Luke could forgive him, he hoped that they would be okay. More than okay, he hoped that they could be in love.

A/N

I'm sorry, it was a really long wait for this chapter! To any one who is still reading this, thankyou so much :) to make it up to you, there will be a double update, and I'm sad as the next chapter is the last one;(

Keep reading though, the next chapter is really cute, I hope this one was okay with the fluffyness?

Comment your ships?

Or has anyone seen the maze runner? BEST MOVIE/BOOK EVER, but does anyone share my pain about the ending?

Love you all, and comment and vote if you want :) xx