Chapter 21

Luke's POV

The door clicked behind my back and I tumbled back into the corridor. Tears were dry on my face but I didn't bother wiping them away because I didn't doubt that more would be joining them soon. I sat on the floor, contemplating what I should do next. I looked across the hall at the next door that was waiting for me, and sighing, I stood up and waited next to it. My mind was split in full on conflict as I went back and forth between going in or staying out here for the rest of my life. But what pushed me over the edge was the thought of Calum, and so I barged into the room before I could change my mind.

I was stood in my bedroom this time and on my bed was memory version of me. I was screaming and thrashing around, my face contorted in some sort of pain.

'Lukey, Lukey wake up!' Memory-Calum burst into the room and knelt beside the bed, taking my hand in his.

'It's just a nightmare Lukey, wake up!' My eyes snapped open and real-me watched as Calum engulfed my shaking body in a hug.

'Just a nightmare, I'm here now.' Calum soothed as I trembled.

'Stay Calum, p-please?'

Calum lifted up the covers, blushing slightly at the fact Luke was only in his boxers, and wiggled into the bed.

'There, all better now Lukey.' And just like that, memory me was asleep. I watched in surprise as Calum wrapped his arm around my waist and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. 'I love you Luke.'

And then I was back in the corridor, not given the chance to savour the image that was before me. And then I was smiling, the thought of that happening not wanting to leave my mind.

Maybe finding Calum wouldn't be too bad after all?

Michaels POV

Ashton couldn't stop crying, he thought Luke was gone. I knew better though, my arm wrapped around Ashton in a comforting embrace while he sobbed into my shoulder.

Both of us had known about that day and what Calum had done the other side of his bedroom door, and we had been told never to tell Luke. And now on the screen in front of us we had watched the whole scene replay, and seen how Luke had cried and shouted, and I thought that if he had known it would have been a lot less stressful for him.

My eyes crossed over to Calum's side of the screen. I knew exactly what memory he was in, which is the most frustrating part to this mission.

And then I was standing, grabbing the orange wires from the back of the machine, and before Ashton could protest I had stuck the sucker pads to my forehead and plugged myself in.

A wave of electricity shuddered through my body, leaving me time to scream, before my mind had gone black.

And then it was bright again, that feeling of waking up with the sun shining through your curtains on a Monday morning. My eyes peeled open slowly, taking in my surroundings, and then I was on my feet.

'Luke! Luke, where are you!?'

I had landed just the other side to where Luke had, and so I ran down the corridor. I spotted Luke tumbling out of a door, but my eyes widened at something else; a big spirally whirlwind was just at the end of the corridor. And that's when I knew what we had to do; find Calum and get back to here before that whirlwind of an exit had disappeared.

a/n

hi thanks for reading if you still are :) the idea for a nightmare kinda came from a friend so thankooo :) meh, hopefully should be getting interesting now lol :) see you next chapter!

oh and also I created a book of imagines/preferences if you wanted to go check those out :)

okay byeee x