Chapter 19

Luke's POV

I stayed, laying beside Calum, watching Michael plug in the machine and the screen light up blue. It took a few minutes to load but a thought bubble logo appeared on the screen, showing it was working. I hummed slightly, growing impatient, and started tapping lightly on my leg.

'Luke, relax. It's almost ready now.' I looked at Michael who had just spoken and realised he was right.

The screen had a Word document like appearance, but it was blank with only the curser flashing repeatedly across the white. I stood up, strolling over to the machine and finding two green wires and two red wires.

'The reds attach to Calum, that's why there's an in arrow I'm guessing.'

'Okay.' I mumbled, looking at the suckerpad-like things on the end of the wires that should stick to Calum temples.

Once I had made sure the wires were attached properly to Calum's head, I kissed his forehead softly and walked over to the machine where I plugged the red wires into the back of the screen. It beeped, before words began typing across the screen quickly - almost too quick to read.

I sat, huddled in the corner of my cell with my hands still handcuffed together. I moved my wrists slightly, the cold metal digging into them harshly. 'Ouch.' I groaned, a spot of my blood landing on the floor. Why am I here again? I pondered to my self, then realised its because this is what it feels like to be trapped. How else could I be trapped? My scene flickered before my eyes and before I knew it I was no longer in my prison cell but cornered in a dark alley.

'So-sorry. P-please don't hurt me.' I croaked out as I watched the three or four people in front of me walk closer, faces angry.

'We're your worst nightmare.' They growled at me before punching me over and over.

'Stop! P-please!' I yelled before I was laying on the alley floor. They were right, this world of never ending thoughts and emotions is my worst nightmare.