Chapter 4

Lukes POV

'NO! Please...please don't take him away. I need him, please.' My voice was edged with agony, pain, desperation, as I looked through my blurred vision at the nurse infront of me.

'We can't have you in the ambulance sir, you're already holding us up and we need to leave now. No more discussion.'

The only thing my eyes were enabling me to see now was Calums pale, bruised face through the small gap in the ambulance doors.

'Is he...dead?' I asked the nurse, my voice wavering with fear. Her look of pity made my heart crack, as she mumbled the next few words.

'No, but if you don't make a move he will be, and it'll be your fault for delaying the operation.' She turned around and stepped up into the ambulance, closing the doors behind her, and I stood broken in the same spot i had been before as the ambulance drove away.

'No,' I whispered, coming to realisation that this was all my fault. 'NO! CALUM!' My shouts echoed down the road as I sunk to my knees and cryed.

He's dead. He's dead and it's all my fault.  My next thought was the one that dawned on me, It should have been me.

'Luke buddy, wake up. You're having a nightmare!'

I felt soothing circles being rubbed into my arm, but before i woke up properly, I realised that statement was a lie to me - it wasn't just a nightmare, it was real.

I sat bolt upright, looking Michael and Ashton straight in the eye, before spitting out the words they were still yet to hear.

'Calum's in a coma.'

--------------

A/N

hey, thanks for reading :) sorry that this is short and most likely terrible, but it was a filler chapter as i was kind of unsure what to write. I kinda just wanted to get across how Luke was feeling and so i decided to reveal abit of what happened after the ambulance arrived, hopefully the next chapter will be better :)

also thanks to my bro for the idea of doing a flashback as i was kinda stuck :) x

thaaaanks xx