Chapter 3

Ashtons POV

I sat beside Lukes hospital bed listening to the steady beep of the heart monitor, reassuring me that he was still alive. I felt a drop of water land on my hand, but I left it there knowing more tears would be making an appearance within seconds. Seeing Luke so vulnerable like this made my heart ache and long for him to be ok. I couldn't loose either of the boys, and so both of them being knocked out would mark this day as the worst day of my life. 

I turned my head as Michael entered the room holding 2 coffees in his hand, his eyes red and puffy.

'He's still not awake?' He asked me, looking for any sign that he had been. I just shook my head, confirming what I already knew. Michael pressed a hand to Lukes forehead, before nodding his head. 'He's not cold anymore so hopefully he'll be awake soon.'

I took a sip of my coffee, swallowing the hot liquid as quickly as I could.

'I wonder what the news was about Calum then?' I questioned, still clueless as to why Luke had passed out.

'Well it obviously wasn't good, Luke fainted!' Michael tugged at his hair in frustration, but we both knew deep down that Luke wasn't the one we should be worried about.

'Calum's a fighter.' I whispered to myself, reassuring myself that he would fight hard enough to break through whatever spell he was locked under at the minute.

A loud whimper was released from the hospital bed, my eyes snapping to attention and focusing on a pale and frightened looking Luke. Before I had moved, Michael was on his knees beside the bed as Luke let out a loud shout, flailing around his arms in attempt to fight off whatever nightmare he was having.

'Luke buddy, wake up. You're having a nightmare!'

My hand instantly shot out, starting to trace soothing circles on Lukes shoulder like I normally do when he has nightmares. 'Shhh, it's okay, you're okay.' I mumbled, wiping away a few tears which were falling from his eyes. At that minute, his eyes flew open and he sat straight up. His whole body was shaking as he looked me and Michael in the eye and said 4 words.

'Calum's in a coma.'

-------------------------------

A/n

hey, yeah third chapter today oops :/ hope youre enjoying the story so far even tho it is pretty terrible, lots of love xxx