Chapter 20, Time Waits For No Man

~Jade

Outside, birds chirped happily. The sky blue, the sun greeted me as I stared at the endless blue space. A cloud roams freely as my gaze followed it. I wish to be like that cloud, slowly traveling the world, going wherever the wind takes me.

My phone buzzed violently, disturbing my thoughts of freedom. I don't even need to see the caller ID to know who It is. It's Felicia, the devil herself. I leaped across my room to put my phone on silent. If one thing is for sure, I need peace. I quickly cleaned my room before heading out to David's. He asked me to help him today. I don't mind helping him out after what he did for me. Plus side, I'm away from my annoying phone.

It's a good thing David asked for my help because today was packed. He says month ends are always like this. I hardly believed it. I didn't expect so many people to come, "what? Are they all getting married?"

"No, some just love buying pretty stuff," David replied.

"They sure like buying pretty expensive stuff," I joked, earning a laugh from David and a girl.

"Hey, boyfriend," Felicia called, looking through the stylish rings, "wanna spoil me today."

"boyfriend?"David grinned, "she's your mate?"

"what you doing here? " I snapped before I awkwardly responded to David, "and no, I mean yes. Can we talk about this later?"

"oi, right," David agreed, as he went to serve more customers, leaving us alone.

" you've been ghosting me," she pointed out.

" I thought you'd take a hint," I steely said, not trying to be an asshole, but the whole concept of me being forced into a relationship was eating me up from the inside. I loved being alone, free, and not needing to answer to no one but myself.

"Is this what you do to girls that you date? " she asked, her tone decreasing, the whole atmosphere getting negative.

" Just the ones who force me into a relationship. "I steely said.

" Sorry, then," she whispered as she rushed out of the store, wiping her eyes dry. The next customer came up to me and asked for the price of a diamond necklace. I stared at the price, and reread it a couple of times, still not knowing what's written on it. I glance at the lady who was now annoyed and impatient.

" go after her mate. I can handle it from here," David advised.

"Are you sure?"

"Oi, I have been running this store pretty fine without you, besides you no help when you distracted like this, " David admits.

"I'm sorry about that," I said as I bobbed under the table, ready to leave but stopped and gave David a look of concern when another customer entered.

"Don't stress, but you owe me an explanation, mate."

I nod as I dashed out of the store and search all around. I decided that it be a good idea to take my car and drive madly, searching the roads for her, even going as far as her house. Next to my car was a mini that caught my eye. Actually, it wasn't even the car that caught my eye. It was a red-haired girl crying in it that did. I knocked on the window, causing her to jerk up straight, her makeup was dripping down her cheek. "What you want here," Felicia scoffed.

"I don't know myself," I admit as I stroll to the passenger side of the car.

She opens the door on the inside, letting me in, " did you come to mock me? " she cursed as I slide into the seat.

"No."