43

It is ten years after my friends rescued Eric and I. We all live together now with the factionless. We changed our names. I'm Skylar now and Eric is Jace. We still call each other by our real names when we are alone. George and Trina have a seven year old kid and Tori is pregnant.

Eric and I have our own room, because we love our privacy and we found out that a lot of people here hate him.

We sit on our sleeping bag. I'm wearing black trousers and a gray shirt. He wears a blue sweater and gray shorts. I press myself closer to him. We are thinner than before. His arm wraps around me. There is a small fire in the room for light. It is the middle of summer and very hot, so the fire isn't for warmth. It is 10 p.m. and most people have gone to bed. I press my hand on his chest and his hand covers mine.

'Kiss me,' he says. I smile and move up to press my lips softly onto his. I get up, move around him and sit down on top of him. I kiss him again, this time more passionately. He runs a hand through my greasy hair. I take his sweater off. I kiss his collarbone and the middle of his chest afterwards.

Someone knocks on the door.

'This is the one thing that hasn't changed,' Eric murmers irritated. I get up to open the door. It's Simon, the son of my brother.

'What is it Simon?' I ask.

'My mom and dad want to be alone right now, so they told me to go to you,' he says.

'Why do they always do that when we want to do that,' Eric sighs. I laugh and pick up Simon. I close the door.

'Why aren't you wearing a shirt?' Simon asks Eric. He is nosy as always. He has no filter what so ever. It makes me ache to think about it, but if we still would have lived in the faction system he would have chosen candor.

I put him down and sit back next to Eric. He snuggles between us. We stay like this for a while, but Simon gets up after fifteen minutes and walks around the room.

'Simon, come back you have to sleep,' I say.

'I don't really want to,' he says. 'I want to know why my parents abandon me every week.'

'Because couples want to have some alone time sometimes,' Eric says. He gets into the sleeping bag.

'But what do they do?' Simon asks with big eyes.

'Sleep,' he says. I smile at Eric.

'And so should you Simon,' I say and get into the sleeping bag with Eric. I press my chest against his back and wrap my arm around him. Simon walks over to us and wriggles himself between us, so I end up big spooning him. I see Eric roll his eyes.

'Good night,' Simon says.

'Good night,' Eric and I both say.

Author's note: I can't believe I've finished a story! Really hope you liked it.