Swimsuit (request)

Request for: @i-am-a-cool-chick
--
Prompt: "Open the door right now before I break it down myself."
--
Category: random
--
Warnings: mild cursing, self deprecating thoughts
--
A/N
You guys are beautiful inside and out and don't ever think that you aren't. You are loved.
--
I hold the red 2 piece bathing suit in my small hands, looking down upon the slick fabric. I won't look good in this. I look good in literally nothing I wear. Ever.

I throw the swim suit onto the bed sitting down on the carpeted floor. Why do I have to be like this.

There's a pool party about to start downstairs, and I'm not even ready yet. Maybe I just won't swim. Yeah. That's what I'll do. I'll just sit on the sidelines. Like I always do. This idea brings a smile to my face, knowing that I won't have to put on that stupid swim suit. I won't have to show everyone my body.

At this, I get up, no bathing suit, just my normal clothes on⬇️⬇️⬇️

I walk down the stairs, seeing Toni and Cheryl in their swimsuits, perfect as usual

"Hey Y/- wait, why don't you have your swimsuit on?" Toni asks, looking at me with a confused expression.

"I just don't really wanna swim," I lie. Cheryl looks at me with a knowing look. Cheryl's my best friend. She knows when I'm lying.

"TT, can you give us a minute please," Cheryl asks, turning towards her girlfriend. Toni just nods, confused, and walks away towards her other friends.

"Y/N, what's up with you? I know you love to swim, so don't lie to me. Why don't you have your swimsuit on?" I can't lie to Cheryl. She's my best friend. She'll know.

"I don't know, Cher. I just don't feel comfortable in my swimsuit, and besides, I look terrible in it anyway. I can't embarrass myself like that in front of everyone, especially Sweet Pea," I spill, and Cheryl looks at me disapprovingly. Sweet Pea has been my biggest crush since the 7th grade, and she knows that he would love to see me in my swimsuit.

"Aw, babes, you will look amazing. You look amazing in everything. Sweet Pea will love your swimsuit, no matter how good you look. I promise." Cheryl gives me a smile, and I look down at the ground.

"I don't know, Che-" she cuts me off,
"Oh c'mon, let's go upstairs, get you dressed in that perfect swimsuit, and enjoy the party." She drags me by my arm, up the stairs, and into her room where my swimsuit is. I grab the suit, going to the bathroom to change.⬇️⬇️⬇️

"Aw, you look amazing, girl! So good! Sweet Pea will love it!" I blush slightly at her words, crossing my arms over my chest, looking at the ground

"Now let's go downstairs and have some fun!" She says, dragging me by my arm once again.

Once we get downstairs, I feel everyone's eyes on me. I don't know if those are good stares or bad stares. Probably bad stares. I walk over to the edge of the pool, sitting down and sticking my feet in the water. As I'm sitting there, I see Reggie Mantle walk up to me. Oh, great.

"Hey Y/L/N, what possessed you to put on that swimsuit?" Tears start to brim my eyes as the other football players start to chime in as well.
"Yeah, don't know why you would ever want to wear that out in public, but it's your choice to be fat, so it's technically your fault," I hear Connor Mayfield say. He's another asshole football player. Soon, the insults just keep flying, and I decide to get up and leave.
I run inside, up the stairs, and into Cheryl's bedroom, locking the door. I slide down the door, tears streaming down my face. Little did I know, Sweet Pea was watching the whole thing, ready to beat Reggie Mantle and Connor Mayfield's ass.

As I'm crying into my knees, I hear a knock on the door.
"Y/N?" It's Sweet Pea.
"Princess, please open the door." I don't answer.
"Y/N, I saw what happened, please let me in."
I finally decide to answer him once I catch my breath.

"Sweet Pea, please just... Please just leave... I'm... I'm fine," I stutter out.

"No you're not, darling, please open the door."
"Sweets-" he cuts my words off,

"Y/N Y/L/N, open the door right now, before I break it down myself." At this, I finally find the courage to stand up and open the door, not wanting Sweet Pea to break Cheryl's door.

I unlock the lock, opening the door to see Sweet Pea, standing there with bloodied knuckles.
"Princess," is all he says, and I look at him in shock.
Tears are still falling down my face, and he wipes a couple with his thumb, coming inside the room, shutting the door.

"Sweet Pea, did you-" he cuts me off again,
"Yes, I beat both of their asses. Now come sit down." He gestures for me to sit on the bed, and I do, crossing my arms over my chest once again, looking at the floor.
"Y/N, look at me." He brings two fingers up to my chin, lifting my head up to look him in the eyes.

"Pea, they- they were so mean. They -they were taunting me, like some kind of animal in a zoo," I stutter. Sweet Pea brings me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me.
"I know, Princess, I know. But you look so beautiful. You look absolutely stunning, okay?" I look up at him.
"You-you think I'm beautiful?" I say, shocked at his words.

"Of course I do. How can I not? You look beautiful in every single thing you wear, Y/N. You might be the prettiest person I've ever seen in my entire life, and I'm sorry I don't tell you that enough. I think I was just afraid to tell you that I like you and I-" I cut him off by bringing my lips onto his, melting into his touch. His lips move against mine, fitting like a puzzle piece, like they were meant to be together.
We finally pull apart, lips swollen and gasping for breath.
"Sweet Pea, I like you too," I say simply, a smile painted on my tear stained face.

"Yeah, yeah I think, um I think I got that," he laughs as I wrap him in a hug, chuckling into his chest.

"Thank you, Sweet Pea."
"For what, Princess?"
"For saving me."
"Anytime."