Habits

Warnings: lots of cursing lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Whyte Wyrm. Looks pretty rough on the outside, not so bad on the inside.

I step over the threshold of the bar that my father once owned. Leader of the Southside Serpents for 15 years. Edward Stevenson. Everyone's eyes darted to me, and I gave a small smirk.

"I'm back, bitches!" I say a little too loudly for some serpents in the bar. Especially this very tall man with long hair. He comes up to me, and he immediately stands his ground. What's got his panties in a twist?

"And exactly who are you?" He says in a threatening tone. As he says these words I hear another voice speak up.

"Wait a second Tall Boy." Hold up. I could tell that voice from anywhere.
"Sweet Pea?" I say, confusion dripping off my tongue. I moved away from Riverdale for a while to be with my mom, which wasn't my choice at all. I would have never left Sweet Pea. I love him. It was my dad's choice. He wanted to rebuild his family or whatever. News flash! Didn't turn out too well.

"Y/N!" The raven haired boy yells over everyone's chattering. I see his tall figure walking quickly towards me and he immediately embraces me in a much needed hug.

"I missed you so much, Pea," I mumbled into his chest. He only squeezes me tighter and whispers, "Me too, me too." As we are having this very emotional moment, Tall Boy, I'm guessing his name is, decides to interrupt us.
"Is she a Serpent?" Sweets lets go of me and looks at Tall Boy begrudgingly.

"Princess, can you please show Tall Boy here your wrist." As Sweet Pea speaks these words, I lift up my long sleeved t-shirt. There was a S wrapped around a rose's stem. This means that for my Serpent initiation, I don't have to do the girl's one. I do the guy's one. Only two people in the entire world have one of these. My sister, Y/S/N, and myself. The entire bar knows what it means, and I hear tiny little gasps here and there around the room.

"You're a Stevenson. Not a Serpent. Did daddy abandon you again, so you have to come here and disrupt our peace?" At this point, this Tall Boy character is really starting to get on my nerves.

"I'm going to become a Serpent you arrogant ass and no, he sent me here to make sure assholes like yourself weren't taking over his bar," I spit back. Sarcasm and sass are kind of what I'm known for around here.
"Y/N..." I feel Sweet Pea touch my shoulder, warning me that I should probably stop.

"No, it's okay Sweet Pea. I think Tall Boy here was being kind of rude, don't you think?" Sweet Pea just looks down at me with a tiny smirk on his face.

"Bitch." I hear Tall Boy mutter under his breath as he's walking away. I'm guessing Sweet Pea heard it too, because he steps forward and says, "What did you just call her?" My heart rate quickly starts to pick up at the confrontation. I'm honestly not used to this. Someone standing up for me. I usually handle the confrontation myself, which is fine, but when someone else is in a confrontation, let alone because of me, it makes me kind of.. I don't know.. Anxious.

"Sweet pea, it's okay, just come play some pool with-" I get cut off by his words.
"No, Y/N. Tall Boy here is disrespecting you, and I don't think that's okay." I start to pick at the skin around my fingernails. A nervous habit.

"Now Tall Boy, I think you owe my girl an apology." My girl. Those words bury deep inside my chest, seeping through my bones, filling my entire body with warmth but also some more added anxiety. My girl. I'm his girl.

"I don't owe that whore anything other than a punch right in the face! She comes into my bar, disrupting my peace and you expect me to fucking apologize to her! She deserves nothing, and especially not an apology!" My heart sinks. I mean, I should be used to this by now. My mom and dad throw comments like these all the time right at me. But I'm no where near used to it. It still hurts. It still burns in my throat and it brings tears to my eyes.

Sweet Pea has finally had enough of Tall Boy's words and he pulls him by his collar. Tall Boy doesn't try to fight back surprisingly. Sweet Pea slams Tall Boy up against the wall of the Whyte Wyrm, but before he can say anything, a man that I know to be FP Jones slams his fist on the surface of the bar top.
"Enough! Both of you!" FP was an old friend of my dad's, and Jughead and I used to hang out all the time until he figured out I was moving away. He blamed it all on me, even though it wasn't my choice, and said that I was abandoning him. It was a ridiculous accusation, but it happened and now we aren't friends any more. Don't get me wrong, I love FP, just not his son. Sweet Pea still stayed by my side when I had to move away, knowing that it was never my decision.

"Now what is all this commotion about?" He retorts.
I finally decide to speak up.
"Hey Jones." His eyes finally find their way over to mine and his face turns from angry to joyful in the span of 2 seconds.
"Y/N!" I quickly make my way over to him and envelope him in a tight hug.

"Already causing trouble I see," I chuckle at his words and pull back from the hug. "It's nice to see you FP. And this time I'm here to stay." His smile gets even bigger, and I take a glance over at Sweet Pea who's also smiling. He's finally let go of Tall Boy who has just up and left the bar. Finally. He was an asshole.

After I talk with FP for a while, I finally go back to Sweet Pea's side, who's playing pool with this girl with pink streaks in her hair.
"Y/N, this is my friend Toni. Toni, this is my girl, Y/N. She moved away for a while, but we still kept in touch." I glance at Toni, who's giving me a sly smirk. "Yeah, Sweet Pea here talks about you... A lot." I look over at Pea. His cheeks are a crimson red, and he's fidgeting with the hem of his leather jacket. His nervous habit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A part 2 is coming soon!!! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Please don't forget to vote!!
-D