Nightmares

Prompt:
"I heard crying, I got worried."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warnings: cursing, super longggggggggg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My legs pounded against the forest floor as the man in the black hood chased me. My joints hurt so bad, but I have to keep running. As I'm sprinting through the forest, I feel my leg go out from under me, tripping on a branch. I fall to the ground, and I see the man coming towards me. I try so hard to stand up, but I can't.
"No, no please. Don't hurt me," I plead, but it's no use. I feel a stabbing pain in my chest and-

I snap my eyes open, gasping for air, tears running down my rosy cheeks. I sob out, sitting up and bring my knees up to my chest. It was so realistic.

This is not the first time I've had nightmares like this. It's happened before when I first moved in with my best friend, Sweet Pea, but they went away after a while. Now they're back, I guess.
The thought of me having to deal with these nightmares again causes me to cry even more, if that's even possible. Why does this have to happen to me? Why do bad things happen to good people?

As I'm crying into my knees, I see out of the corner of my eye, someone standing in the doorway. Sweet Pea.
"I heard crying, I got worried," he says, sympathy in his voice.

"I'm- I'm okay," I stutter, wanting to just fall into a black hole and never return.

"No, no you're not okay. What happened, princess?" He asks, taking a seat at the edge of my bed. I lift my head to look at him. He's wearing sweatpants and a v neck t shirt, considering it's winter time. His eyes are a pool of concern, and his lips are parted slightly. I then look over at the clock sitting on the stand next to my bed. 3:23 A.M.

"It-it was so fucking realistic. He was chasing me. The black hood- chasing me. I couldn't get up," I say, describing my dream, slightly hyperventilating.

"Hey, just calm down for a second, princess. Your nightmares, they're back?" I just nod my head, tears still flowing down my cheeks. Pea scoots closer to me and wipes my tears away with his thumb. I flinch back slightly at the contact.

"Hey, hey I'm not gonna hurt you. I'd never hurt you, okay. Everything's gonna be alright." I just nod my head again and begin to lay back down. Pea kisses me on the forehead and pulls my desk chair up to the side of my bed.

"I'll sit here till you fall asleep. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, okay." I nod my head once again and begin to drift off to sleep, thankfully into a dreamless one.

I open my eyes as the sun rises, sunlight peering through the window. I take a second to adjust my eyes. I then look over to my side to see Sweet Pea asleep in my desk chair in the same spot it was last night. A smile creeps onto my face as I see his sleeping, peaceful form. He stayed here all night for me.

As I'm looking at the sleepy boy, I see his eyes start to crack open. I immediately close my eyes, pretending that I wasn't just staring at him. He's just so cute when he sleeps, just ugh.

Even though I had my eyes closed, I could feel his stare on me. I could feel his smile burn into my skin. It felt... warm.
I then decide to "wake up", cracking my eyes open myself, pretending like I just woke up.

"Morning, Princess," Pea says in his sleepy voice. Gosh, I cannot handle this boy's sleepy voice.

"Morning," I say back with a smile, "Did you stay here all night?" Pea nods and says, "Yeah, I fell asleep trying to fight off all the monsters under your bed. They put up a good fight." I giggle at Sweet Pea's comment and I sit up. I'm only wearing shorts and a tank top, even though it's 10 degrees outside. It gets ridiculously cold in my room during winter time, and I have no idea why I wasn't wearing more. This showed, too. I shivered as I stood up, my feet touching the cold hard wood floor for the first time in a couple hours.

"Are you cold, babes?" Sweet Pea asks me. Babes. He's been calling me that since the 8th grade, and I love it.

I nod my head as I wrap my arms around myself, trying to get warm. Now I remember why I didn't wear anything warmer. All my sweaters and sweatpants are in the washing machine.

"Ok, just wait here for a sec," Pea says, walking quickly out of the room. 'What is he doing?' I wonder to myself. Soon, Sweets comes back with a black sweatshirt in his hands and a pair of grey sweat pants.

"I know all yours are in the wash, so I thought you could borrow mine since it's literally snowing outside and you're in shorts and a tank top." A giant smile is painted on my face as he says these words, and he looks over at me with a confused look.

"What?" He asks.
"Nothing, you're just cute and sweet," I say, smile still on my lips. Pea just laughs and says,
"Go put these on, you dork. I'll start on breakfast." Pea walks out of the room after he hands me the hoodie and sweatpants. I go to the bathroom to change, not really wanting to change out in the open, even though Sweet Pea is in the other room.

When I finish putting the clothes on, I brush my teeth and then head downstairs. The kitchen smells of strawberries and waffles, which is exactly what it is.

"Oh my gosh, did you make waffles?" I say, getting excited.

"Yes, yes I did. Two homemade strawberry Belgian waffles! Order up!" Sweets says as he sets the two plates of waffles on the kitchen table.

"Pea, you didn't have to do this. Thank you!" I say, excited to eat the food that my best friend made, with his hoodie and sweatpants on. The hoodie smelt like leather and cigarette smoke, a heavenly combination. This is what I want it to always be like. Just him and I sitting at the breakfast table, enjoying each other's company while eating our favorite foods. This is pure bliss.