Stay Away

Prompt:
"Stay away from me!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warnings: mild cursing, mentions of abuse
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summary: Reggie Mantle won't stop flirting with the reader and the reader finally agrees to go on a date with him just to get him off her back, despite her best friend, Sweet Pea's, hate for the Bulldog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reggie Mantle is the kind of  guy that picks you as his lab partner only to flirt with you the entire time. The kind of guy to catcall you every time he sees you in the hallway. The kind of guy to try and sit with you at lunch just so he can steal your fries. The worst kind of guy.

I'm just minding my own business one day in science class, trying to listen to Mr. Helm, but I'm interrupted by Reggie whispering behind me.

"Hey, Y/L/N, why don't I take you out tonight, huh? We can go to Pop's, have some milkshakes. It'll be nice," Reggie whispers threateningly close to my ear. I just sigh and turn around to look at him. Reggie flirting with me has been going on since the 8th grade, so it's kinda getting old.

"Reggie, if I say yes, will you stop asking me?" I whisper back, annoyed. He just smirks and says,
"It's a date. I'll pick you up at 7." I roll my eyes and turn back around, not looking forward to tonight at all.

Flash to 6:00
As I'm getting ready for my "date", I hear keys jiggle the handle from downstairs. "Oh gosh. I thought he wasn't gonna be home till 7," I say to myself. He's gonna be so pissed.

I live with my best friend, Sweet Pea, and he's not so fond of Reggie Mantle. He knows that Reggie flirts with me all the time, and in fact, he's been there to stop it once in a while.

As I'm putting on my converse, I hear Sweet Pea step into my room.

"Hey, what are you getting ready for?" He asks me, confusion written all over his face. I mentally cringe at the question.

"Um.. Ok, ok, don't freak out on me, please. I might have a date with Reggie Mantle tonight, but don't be mad because I'm just doing it so he will lay off and stop flirting with me all the time," I say faster than I've ever talked in my entire life. Sweet Pea's face goes from confusion to anger in the matter of seconds.

"Why would you ever do that, Y/N?! You know he's a dick!" He yells and I flinch back. His face then goes to guilt.

"Oh, oh I'm sorry for yelling, princess. I shouldn't have yelled like that." Tears threaten to fall out of my eyes. I look down at the ground. He knows that I hate yelling. My ex boyfriend, Chuck, used to yell and hit me, so it kind of brings up bad memories when Pea yells.

"It... It's fine," I mumble looking at the ground. I can see tears stain the floor below me. Pea tries to move closer towards me, but I finally get fed up with him. He always yells and then apologizes, but then does it again. I yell,
"No! Just stay away from me!" I can physically feel the steam coming out of my ears.

"I'm going on that date, Sweet Pea! You can't stop me, either!" I yell, storming out the door, slamming it on my way out.
"Y/N, c'mon! You know I didn't mean to yell! I'm sorry!" He shouts out the door,  but I'm already riding off on my motorcycle to Pop's with tears streaming down my face.
At Pop's
Reggie is already starting to get on my nerves. He's already tried to grab my hand at least 3 times and we've only been here for 20 minutes. I have a plate of fries and a strawberry milkshake sitting in front of me, and Reggie has a chocolate shake and cheeseburger sitting in front of him. He's being a complete ass right now.

"Oh c'mon sweetheart. What's your problem? Did your little Serpent friend upset you?" Reggie asks as I look down at the plate of fries in front of me. He knows that I go home with Sweet Pea everyday. He sees me get on the back of his motorcycle everyday after school.

"Just shut the hell up, Mantle!" I finally shout at him. Me and him are the only ones in the restaurant at the moment besides Pop Tate, whose cleaning off a table.

"Wow, she speaks," he retorts. I wish I was with Sweet Pea right now.
What happens next surprises me.
Reggie grabs my wrist in his hand, squeezing tightly. I try to pull back, but he only squeezes tighter, making me whimper in pain.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, princess, I'm glad you finally spoke. Just not the words I was hoping came out of your mouth. Now you won't ever speak to me like that again. Got it?" He speaks lowly, threateningly, tightening his grip on my wrist. I nod my head with a gulp, and let out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding onto once he lets go of my wrist. I can already see a bruise forming. Flashes of Chuck come into my mind and tears start to form in my eyes. Oh gosh, I have to get out of here.

"I- I'm gonna leave, Reggie," I say with fear in my eyes. Mantle just scoffs and says,
"Whatever Y/L/N." I then quickly get up and run out the doors of the Chock Lit Shoppe. Tears stream down my face and I look up at my bike to see Sweet Pea parked next to it.

"Princess, what happened? Hey look at me," he says, quickly walking over to me. He takes me by my shoulders and looks at my face.

"Y/N, what happened? What did he do?" Sweets looks at me with worry in his eyes.
"My... Oh gosh it hurts, my wrist," I say, almost hyperventilating. Pea looks down and grabs my wrist, making me wince in pain.

"Sorry, sorry," he mumbles, holding up my wrist to look at it. He looks so angry.

"Did he do this to you?" I just nod my head, and Pea almost instantly takes off for the doors of Pop's.

"Pea, wait!" I shout. He whips his head around and looks at me with anger and aggression in his eyes.

"Please, just take me home. You can deal with Mantle later, okay?" At these words, I see a certain Bulldog come out of the Chock Lit Shoppe.
I'm in some deep shit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A part two will be up soon! I hope you enjoyed this one, and please don't forget to comment and vote!! Thank you lovelies❤️❤️
~D