Fine

Prompt:
"I'm fine! Stop asking!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Category: angst but happy ending
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warnings: isolation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lately, Sweet Pea, my boyfriend, has been acting really weird. He hasn't been meeting me at my locker every morning like he usually does, hardly talks to me, and hasn't hung out at the Whyte Wyrm in over a week. He used to go there almost every day. We used to go there almost every day. Together. I have no idea what's wrong with him, but I'm determined to find out.

Right now I'm sitting on a bar stool in the Whyte Wrym, talking to my best friend, Toni Topaz.

"Girl, I have no idea what's wrong with him. He's been acting weird all week. You should go and talk to him. Get him to tell you what's wrong," she says as I down my drink and get up, taking her advice.

"Yeah, I think I will. Thanks Tones! Love you!"
"Love you too, girl!"

My knuckles hit the paint-chipped white door 4 times before Sweet Pea swings open the door. There are giant bags under his eyes and his hair is a mess.

"Pea?" I say, concern filling my voice.

"What do you want?" He snaps, and I just say,
"Can I come in?" He steps away from the door, gesturing me to come in.
I sit on his old brown couch and he sits in his recliner. It's like he wants to be as far away as possible from me.

There are empty beer bottles scattering the trailer, and it's a complete mess. The dishes have not been done in forever, and there's dirty laundry everywhere.

"Sweet Pea, what's wrong? What's been going on?" I ask as he puts his head in his hands. He looks up at me with zero emotion.

"Nothing, Y/N. I'm fine."
"Sweets-"
"Why'd you even come here, Y/N?" He almost never calls me by my name. Always princess or baby or something like that. Never Y/N.

"Because I'm your girlfriend and I'm worried about you. You've spoken 2 words to me this entire week, and you've kinda just isolated yourself from every one. Now what's wrong?"

"Y/N, nothing is wrong."
"Sweet Pea I know something's wr-" he cuts me off by yelling,
"I'm fine! Stop asking!" Tears brim my eyes. He never yells at me. In the year that we've been together, he's never once yelled at me.
His face softens as he sees me with tears in my eyes.

"Look, Princess, I'm-" I'm the one cutting him off this time.
"No, Sweet Pea. I don't want your stupid apology. If you don't want me here, I'll leave." I then get up off the couch, and head towards the door, but I feel a hand grab my arm before I can leave.

"Don't touch me!" I yell, and he immediately let's go. I turn around to face him with tears running down my face.

"Sweet Pea, what happened?" I whisper as a single tear runs down his cheek. He almost never cries around me. He says it's a sign of weakness and vulnerability.

"My-my dad is in town, Y/N." My heart drops. Sweet Pea hasn't seen his dad since he was 9 years old. 8 years ago. His dad was never was around, so he never really grew up with a father figure. That's why he's been so upset and distant.

"Oh, Pea. I-" he cuts my words off.
"Princess, don't be sorry. It's my fault for not telling you. It's just, I've seen him at Pop's and at the Wyrm, and I know he's seen me. He hasn't even made an effort to talk to me. I honestly don't want him to, but it would be nice for some closure, ya know. Just him being here brings back so many bad memories." All his tears have stopped and so have mine, but we both have red eyes and noses.

I come up to my boyfriend, wrapping my arms around his torso in a hug. He just lies his head in the crook of my neck. We stay there for a little bit before I talk.

"Hey, why don't we go to bed, baby. You look like you need some rest."
Pea just nods and we both fall asleep in his bed, cuddling, back to the way things were supposed to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, sorry this one was so short, but I hope you enjoyed it! Please don't forget to comment and vote!
Thank you lovelies❤️❤️
~D