Chapter 40

The party goes on with the slow yet exciting music, calming the listeners in the hall while munching on their food. Some of them were eating at the round table and some of them were just having conversation while standing with a glass of drink in their hand.

Just like before, Mean keeps on avoiding Plan as soon as they get back from the bathroom. Moreover, Plan too tries to avoid Mean when he knows that Mean is still in his decision to let their relationship out to the world. He doesn't want that to happen. He will not give in. Not for now.

When Mean passes their table with a plate on his hand, Perth makes a space beside Plan asking Mean to sit in between them at their table. The latter politely refuse saying that he will go sit with his manager since he has something to talk about with him. The youngest boy nods understand but struck confuse when he sees Mean makes his way without even spend a glance at Plan.

His attention turns to Plan whom eyes fix on his plate playing with the food using his fork. Once Mean is gone, Perth hears Plan sighing while step aside his utensil. He can see that the older boy has loss his appetite. He sits back on his seat beside Plan, bending closely and curiously ask him,

"P' Plan, are you had a fight with P' Mean?".

Plan who is about to gulp down his water chokes and coughs towards the direct question from his nong. The latter immediately runs his hand at Plan's back trying to soothe his coughing.

"W...What? No...No, what make you think so?", Plan replies with eyebrows lift showing his surprise.

"I don't know. It is just weird that you guys don't talk to each other and sit separately. And I notice that you occasionally looking down like something bothering you. Plus, you didn't finish your food on the plate which is very unusual. Is something troubling you, phi?", Perth expertly spills out his observation.

Sometimes, Plan just hate that Perth is always alert at his surrounding and that as well include Plan since he was always with him.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Nothing is bothering me. Mean and I are cool. He will not always have to be with me all the time, right? I...I mean, he still needs to live on his own life. He can do whatever he wants".

The way Plan trying to hide his awkwardness between Mean and him has make it worst. The younger is quick to detect his speech.

"You're lying, do you? There is no way P' Mean going to leave your side if there is nothing going on between you two. Spill it, phi. I know something must have happen".

Plan sighs again for numerous time that he lost counting.

"You're right. We had a fight. There is something that I want him to do and he madly refuses. Well, it is my fault because I fail to consider his feeling. But I also mad at him. Why must he ignore me just because of that?".

The youngest boy keeps on nodding asking for more details but the latter stop on his last words. Then, he decides to ask the older boy himself.

"Uh..huhh...and what is that? What did you ask him to do that made him angry?".

The older boy moves his head to take a proper look at his nong. He is contemplating and thinking whether he wants to spill it all out and tells the truth about his argument with Mean or just keep onto himself. Should he just tell him that they fought because he wanted Mean to keep their relationship without anyone knowing? But at the end, Plan always comes to one solution that forever fix in his mind which buries it all down the throat.

"Forget it. I'll try to sort thing out with Mean myself. I'll tell you went the time comes. For now, let just drop these conversation".

Plan pats the latter's shoulder while smiling to ensure him he can solve the problem within the two involvement party. He takes the fork back in his hand and try to continue eating but later he drop back the fork on the plate and face Perth again.