"I am tired, Emrys that is all. " Kilgharrah replied, " but I shall serve you and Nerys as long as I have the strength."

"If you're ill, I can heal you" Merlin offered.

"There are some things even a warlock as great as you cannot overcome. I am old, Emrys my time has almost come."

"No" Merlin shook his head in disbelief. Not wanting to believe that Kilgharrah, one of the few people who had helped guide him since he had since he first came to Camelot all those years ago, was dying.

"It is the cycle of life- - no more, no less."

"What will I do without you?" Merlin asked choking back his tears.

"You will remember me"

"Will I see you again?"

Kilgharrah didn't answer him and just flew away.

Merlin looked at the ground in despair before heading back to the castle.

_________________________________________

Back in Camelot, Merlin sat opposite Gaius on a bench in Gaius' chambers. The small box Finna had given him was placed between them. Merlin nodded at Gaius who opened the box and took out a small folded up piece of parchment.

"What does it say?" Merlin quietly aided Gaius as he unfolded the parchment.

"Just a moment" Gaius replied. The writing on the parchment was in a different language so it took Gaius a minute to translate it.

Gaius sighed before he began to read what was on the small page.

"Let loose the hounds of war.
And let the dread fire of the last priestess rain down from angry skies, for companion will slaughter companion, for friend shall murder friend. As the great horn sounds a cold dawn at Camlann. The prophets do not lie. There, Arthur will meet his end upon that mighty plain"

Gaius folded up the paper and placed it back in the box as Merlin looked at the table and sighed devastated.

"So many have... Suffered so that I may hear this" he muttered.

"Yes. I think I know that's going through your mind, Merlin " Gaius said as he stared sadly at the young man he saw as a son. "That your destiny's almost too much for one man to bear."

Merlin chuckled quietly and nodded slightly. "Yeah. You always did know me best, Gaius."

"Be assured of one thing. There was never anyone more capable than you, Merlin. You will not fail. Especially now that Aria knows the truth, she can be of more help"

Merlin shook his head. " I'm not so sure, Gaius. She going to be so angry with me when she finds out I kept this from her. And she will soon"

Before Gaius could say a thing else the door to Gaius' chambers burst open and Aria stood in the doorway with no emotion on her face. She had her hair slightly pinned back and she was wearing her red dress.