{Two}

-My Haunting Past

After school I walked home hand and hand with Rex holding the umbrella at my side where as it had finally stopped raining.

"My Mom isn't home tonight, and i'm sure Mason is going to have your sister over." Rex said suddenly.

"You can come over my dad wont care, he never cares." I said.

"Great, I'll just stop at my place and pick up a few things and then we can walk to your house." He smiled as he walked up his driveway.

"Sounds great." I said as I watched him walk up his driveway and into his house.

I followed behind him as I walked inside I walked over to his couch and Rex walked upstairs, the door opened and Mason and Sage walked in.

"What are you doing here?" Sage asked.

"I'm just waiting for Rex so we can go over to my house."

"Dad isn't going to let you bring anymore freaks home."

"Rex isn't a freak."

"You ruined my evening, like you ruined my life." Sage hissed at me before walking upstairs with Mason.

I felt tears come to my eyes, "Whats wrong Vanessa?" Rex asked.

"Its nothing, lets just go." I said wiping my eyes not wanting to bother him with my life story.

"Okay." Rex mumbled.

I opened the front door to my house as I walked into the kitchen a letter was sitting on the table.

"Dear the parents of Vanessa Ebony" It read on the front of the envelop, I tore that up knowing it was just a simple detention for being late.

I looked through our other mail as I found one addressed to Sage, I opened it carefully so I could seal it again,

"Dear the Parents of Sage Ebony. Your daughter Sage has been disappearing during class and then students complain shes disappearing with another boy, we have found your daughter in many places shes not allowed to be during school, this letter is to inform you that Sage Tre Ebony has a Saturday school, which means your daughter needs to come to school on Saturday from 8-11, Thank you!"

I closed the letter as I smiled.

Sage is in trouble finally!

"What ya looking at?" Rex asked as he sat the bag of chips down.

"I'm sure your brother got one." I said as I handed him the note.

Rex opened it and I got up and opened the fridge and got out some left over cheese pizza, and two plates I set them in the microwave and set the time to 'reheat.'

"Well, you know where they went." Rex said.

I laughed, "She always does those things at school in the bathrooms."

"Thats disgusting." The microwave beeped as I pulled out the two pizzas and set them down in front of us.

"What the having sex in a bathroom or the bathroom itself?" Rex laughed.

"Both." he said and I smiled.

***

Later that night Rex went home and I quickly took a shower and started texting Rex.

"Gotta go goodnight Vanessa." -Rex

"Night Rex." I texted and then turned my phone off and went to sleep.

***

*Dream*

I was swinging my legs back and forth in my moms car, "Mommy Im hungry." said five year old me.

"Okay baby mommy will get you some Dairy Queen."

"Yay!" I said.

Then the car came to a sudden stop and I was thrown forward the seat belt choking me. Another suddenly car hit us from behind and my mom was thrown threw the windshield and I screamed as the car flipped.

If only she had been wearing her seatbelt...

**

I woke up quickly with sweat dripping on my forehead, I felt tears run down my face as I had that dream again. That dream when I was five, That dream where My mom died when I was five, That dream that causes my dad to hate me so, That dream where i needed food, if i hadn't gotten food my mom would still be alive...

If only she had been wearing her seatbelt, none of this would of been my fault.