Epilogue

10 years later

"Nixon, can you pass me that ball of yarn", I yelled at him from across the room. A ball of colorful yarn landed in front of my feet moments later but I couldn't reach it. There was a big balloon ball of a baby growing in between my legs at the moment making almost all of life difficult. "Nixon, can you hand it to me. These babies are proving to be the bane of my existence already", I shouted playfully. Nixon dashed across the room at record speed to place the ball of yarn in my lap. 

"My lady anything for you", Nixon said sweetly as he laid a kiss on my lips. Every single time I felt his lips against mine the spark that I felt between us grew stronger. It was just like the moon goddess had predicted that life would be amazing for a long time. The front door slammed open as a very tight lipped looking Ian, and a very violent looking Valerie, trailed into the room inconspicuously. "Do you guys have any manners", Nixon asked. 

"No", the pair responded at the same exact moment in time. "We just wanted to see how our Luna was doing in her time of need", the pair said sweetly. I stood up from the rocking chair with the bowl of yarn in my hands. As soon as I stood up I felt a trickle of fluid leaking all over the floor. 

"Well, this Luna is going to need a pack doctor. Unless the three of you want to deliver my babies while I squat down on the living room floor, then I suggest we go right now", I said between gritted teeth. I was surprised but also nervous when the doctor told me I was having twins. I thought about my twin brother Gabriel who was still out there doing the bidding of someone too evil. I thought of him often as the years passed by rather quickly. I remembered looking at that lost boy for a brief moment in time. I stared down at my wedding band that my mate gave to me when he proposed 5 years ago. I watched as my mate fumbled around like a bumbling baboon trying to get the hospital bag ready. 

"Should I bring ice", Nixon asked like the nervous fool that looked pale. "Oh no, What if we forget something, or we don't name them right, or we don't make in time", Nixon said while pacing around the room. 

"Nixon" I said as I called his name with my determined face on. "It's either I lay here or we head out now", I said dramatically. All four of us rushed off to see the pack doctor who had been preparing for this night for quite some time. 

"All right. I'm going to check your cervix now:", Ember said as she moved across the room with confidence. Ember was wearing a doctor's gown as she checked to make sure everything was progressing alright. "It's time to push", Ember said as she grabbed my hand excitedly. Ember had settled down with a young man from another pack with two young kids. They had moved here making our pack continue to grow even larger. 

As I was pushing out the first twin a vision danced across my mind like a soft feather against the skin. It was the first time in 10 years that I had seen a single vision that seemed relatively happy. I watched Skylar walk down the road to the cottage house we lived in now. Skylar was skeptical to come back but she would be here soon.

"It's a boy very strong set of lungs on him", Ember said as she held up a beautiful baby boy for us to see. "Cut the cord right there, Nixon", Ember told Nixon as she handed him the scissors. Nixon clipped the baby's umbilical cord separating the boy from her womb forever. 

I felt the need to push again with all my might as another vision floated in my head darker than before. Skylar grabbed Ian's hands but he did not accept the bond they shared because of the older boy that stood by her side. "Mom, who's this", the older boy asked. I made the vision disappear by focusing my energy on pushing out this other baby who didn't want to leave. 

"It's another boy. The alpha gene will be strong with these two", Ember said as she held my other son in her hands. I clamped the cord on this bundle of joy that I looked at with all this love I felt towards him. I kissed both my sons' head as the full moon rose in the sky serving as a reminder. 

"Nixon, I had a vision", I told him. He shook his head in response because he already knew. "We will face whatever is next together", I said sweetly. 

"Agreed my Luna", he said pressing his lips to mine tenderly. "How about right now we figure out names for our sons?", Nixon said as he looked at our boys with tears in his eyes. 

"What do you think about Chance and Chase?", I asked him quizzically. "Oh no I have the perfect pair of names;  Gabriel and Nathaniel", I said confidently this time. 

"I like the sound of that", Nixon said with a wide grin. "How about a kiss from my sweet Luna", Nixon said as he held me in his arms. 

"Anytime", I said as I kissed his lips. As the boys lay in their movable cribs I leaned into my sweet Alpha Nixon Barros. He was the home I had been looking for all along.