Wattpad Original

Original Edition - Tip 48: Deal With Heartbreak

YO BUT WHY IS THIS SONG LIKE THIS WHOLE STORY?? (Pls listen) Anyways, continue. on...

I wake up the next morning to find the house silent. The first thought that comes into my mind is, "Did someone die?". I quietly step down the stairs, and what greets me is terrifyingly surprising. I see my entire family at the kitchen table, together, (not fighting) and eating breakfast together.

My eyes widen in shock.

"Good morning, Ara," my mom greets.

"Um...good morning?" I hesitate. It's all brand new to be seeing everyone so calm in the morning. "What's going on?"

"Family breakfast," Illa replies, shoving a mouthful of scrambled eggs in her  mouth.

"Weird," I mutter beneath my breath.

I take a seat at the table, in the only vacant spot. I stuff my plate with everything I see because this literally never happens. I end up having bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausage, and some sliced fruit all plastered on top of my plate. Everybody starts eating in silence, and I can't seem to conform.

"So guys, what happened to, I don't know, the rest of the people in this household?"

They all look up from their food, then to each other, and back down at their food again.

"They're just staying somewhere else." Bree answers in short, shrugging. She immediately goes back to her food.

I just nod. I don't think I need nor want anymore explanation. All I know is that I'm not seeing Eliza's face anymore and that makes me very happy.

I finish my entire breakfast and head upstairs to get ready. I mindlessly brush my teeth, comb out my tangled hair, and put it up in a messy ponytail. I quickly slip into my black jeans and oversized t-shirt, carefully watching the time to make sure that  I catch the 10:30 a.m. bus.

Something on my disorganized dresser catches my eye. 

A box. 

I open it to find a beautiful ring. Taking it out of the box, I examine the great craftsmanship among the twisted wires. Finding it weird that I haven't worn this piece of jewellery, I slip it on my finger. My head turns to my clock.

10:20 a.m.

Shizballs! I'm actually going to miss my bus. I basically perform some weird contortion routine as I try to get my socks on, and after that, I'm sprinting downstairs. I grab my heavy parka from the closet and slide it on. At the door, I hop on one foot, trying to jam my snow boot on. After successfully getting both on my feet, I rush out the door, yelling for one of my family members to close.

Finally, it's the homestretch, and I sprint across the sidewalk, eyes on the bus stop. Wonderfully, the bus gets to the stop, where I am frankly 50m away from.

"WAIT!" I shout, flailing my arms in order to catch the driver's attention. The bus starts moving, but I keep shouting and running (which is really, really hard). Miraculously, the bus stops, and I climb on.

I hold onto the railing, heavily panting.

As I look up, I notice a bunch of people staring...and an old lady giving me a dirty look. I force an awkward smile.

It turns out I'm really not used to taking the bus anymore.

I guess for the past few months, I've just gotten used to driving or walking around with James. I suddenly remember the first time he offered to drive me from school and I rejected him. The same day, he showed up on the sidewalk, ready to walk me home after our tutoring session.