Wattpad Original

Original Edition - Tip 33: Don't mess with Victoria Secret Mannequins

"Let's play 20 questions." Xander states, taking a sip from the pumpkin spice latte he'd just ordered a few minutes ago. He places his drink onto the table and looks straight at me with an amused look in his eyes.

We've been wandering around the shopping district in downtown for about an hour now, so we decided to take a little break at the nearby Starbucks. Unlike him, I ordered a pumpkin spice frappuccino, because let's be real, frappes are the only thing I get here.

I raise a questioning eyebrow. "Why? I think you know enough about me considering all of the stalking you do."

He laughs. "If I was going to stalk someone, I'd stalk someone much more interesting than you...like a celebrity. Besides, your boyfriend would probably murder me in an alleyway if I did."

My eyes widen, not knowing how to respond to his statement. After a moment of shock, I reply with, "How can someone who doesn't exist possibly kill you?" I know who he's actually talking about, but I'd rather not think about it.

"That someone, who happens to be your boyfriend, also happens to really hate my guts." he chuckles, but still it seems as though he's not joking. I frown, not getting what he's implying.

"That someone, is not my boyfriend. That someone, has the same cocky personality as you, so I don't get why he'd hate you." I tell him.

"Well, that someone really seems like your boyfriend. He's always hanging around you for one thing. He's always talking about you to the point that the whole team getting so annoyed about the fact that you hate roses but love orchids...blah, blah, blah."

At that last part, I can't help but giggle a bit because Xander just seems so annoyed and it amuses me. "Well it is true. I mean, roses are so cliché. Plus, orchids make beautiful house plants." Still, I wonder what else that someone's been saying about me. I miss being around that idiot.

Get a grip, Lara! You're supposed to be getting over that jerk for goodness sake!

He shrugs. "I guess. So, why do like him so much? I mean, to be honest, there's nothing good about him."

My cheeks flush a bright shade of red. Am I that easily read? I knew it was freaking obvious.

"I-I don't like him." I stammer trying to deny the fact, though also trying to convince myself that I shouldn't like him.

He rolls his eyes in disbelief, but continues. "Okay. I'm just saying, he's a jerk. All he's going to do is break your heart. Look at him! Do you really think a guy like that would keep any relationship?"

Part of me wants to believe him because up until now, it's been kind of true. Still, a piece of my heart is clinging onto the fact that the same guy who's broken my heart, is the same guy who's made me feel happy, complete.

I stare at him, fazed by his words. Without anything to say, I try to change the subject. "So how about that game of 20 questions?"

He leans back in his chair, relaxing, and releasing the built up tension in the air. "Let's do it." he smirks.

I mirror his expression. "Okay then, why does James hate your guts?"

At that, he stiffens. It takes him a second to return to his normal. "He's jealous of my awesomeness. Next question."

Okay then.

He taps his chin, then blurts out, "What's your favourite colour?"

"Pink. Now, what's your favourite movie?"

"The Wizard of Oz."

"Really?"

"Yes."

20 questions and two empty Starbucks drinks later, we end up laughing our butts off at memes that we somehow got ourselves addicted to. At the moment, we are currently chuckling over a meme (or many memes) of Kermit the frog.