Wattpad Original

Original Edition - Tip 13: Be an Instagram Model

Hoooonnnnkkkk!!!

Let's pretend that this is a movie scene and that we can press the pause button. So, pause. That was the ear shattering sound of an airhorn to my ear. Resume.

Thunk! Ahh!

Pause, again. That was the sound of a startled Lara falling off of her bed at the sound of that sudden loud noise.

I groan as I try to lift my aching body from the floor. I look up to see a blurred vision of the twins, who are laughing hysterically at me. Brook is holding the airhorn that scared the crabapples out of me, and Bree is holding a megaphone.

"Rise and shine!" Bree announces through the megaphone. I groan in reply as I grab my glasses from the nightstand and put them on. Is it weird that I want to strangle them even more after seeing them perfectly.

Brook makes her way to the other end of my room and opens the blinds, causing me to jump back into bed and hide underneath the covers. "What the heck are you guys doing?" I yell from beneath the sheets.

"Get up Ara!" Brook shouts, "It's a nice, sunny morning!"

I stick my head out to glare at them and turn to my alarm clock. 6:00 a.m. "Why are you waking me up an hour before my alarm!" I shout.

"So we can do some morning yoga! Duh!" Bree exclaims.

"Here are your workout clothes!" Brook tells me as she throws a pair of yoga pants and a loose shirt to my face. "Now hurry up and go to downstairs once you're done." she orders.

"Time to get Illa." the twins say in unison. They shut my bedroom door and I hear the sound of the airhorn coming from Illa's bedroom and a thunk on the floor. I don't know what made my sisters so incredibly insane.

I slip my black yoga pants on and surf through my drawer for a sports bra. I then slip on the loose turquoise t-shirt and tie my hair up in a simple ponytail. I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face, then I do one last check to see if I look okay.

I rush down the stairs and head to the family room to see that my sisters are sitting down on their yoga mats. I unroll mine and sit down too.

The next thirty minutes consisted of Illa and I following the twins' lead and me almost breaking every bone in my body as I tried to hold the poses. I can't do yoga for life. After, I took a quick shower and changed into my school clothes.

I tie my hair up in a high bun and examine my outfit. Eh, at least I look decent. I'm wearing denim jeans and a loose, white t-shirt with a black sweater. I mean, I'm going to school to learn, not to make a fashion statement. I take a look at the alarm clock, 7:00.

I head back down to the kitchen and my grandmother is sitting at the table, watching me intently as I cut up some strawberries and put them in a container.

"Morning Lola Nora." I greet, smiling at her as she drinks a cup of herbal tea.

She smiles sweetly before gesturing excitedly for me to come closer. I place my bagel in the toaster then go over to my Lola.

"Apo, gumawa ka na ng Instagram para ma 'like' mo ang mga pinopost ko." she pleads. (Make an Instagram already so you can like my posts.)

"Lola naman, hindi po ako 'social' kagaya nino. Hindi ko nga alam kung paano gumawa ng ganyan." I tell her. (Grandma, I'm not social like you. I don't even know how to make one of those.)

"How about...Twitter na lang?" she suggests. (How about...a Twitter instead?)

"Lola!" I sigh, laughing. She's probably one of the only grandmothers that actually want their grandchildren to be on social media. Ever since she's made an account, she's been telling me to make one too! Of course, my sisters practically live on social media, which I don't understand.