Chapter 25

Thursday

**

Break Ups and Bea

After a long and stressful day on Tuesday it was finally time to relax. Our plane got delayed at Canberra for three hours! We didn't land in Perth until 8pm. By the time it took me to get home from the airport, unpack and do other things that are necessary for a girl to do, it was almost 10pm.

And to make things worse, we were all split up on the plane. I was sitting next to a very annoying baby and her mum. The baby wouldn't stop crying so the mum tried to shove a pacifier down her throat to which she grabbed from her mum and threw it at me. This sequence happened multiple times. Over and over again. And the mum didn't even do anything to stop it.

And to make things even worse, I fell off the plane. I didn't fall off the plane. When I was making my way down the stairs to get off the plane, I tripped over the laces of my converse and landed flat on my face on the cold concrete. It was very sore and I still have the red mark on my cheek. When I got back in the house, the first think mum asked me was, "what happened? Were you punched?"

The journey was absolutely horrible. That was the only bad thing about the trip. The rest of it was amazing!

Titan came over yesterday and we spent the whole day together. Just us. It was so great. I've never felt this happy before in my life. We laughed so much and just had a great time. I wish we could do it more often because I miss him. I miss him and I love him. I love him.

Mum finished work on Monday for maternity leave. It doesn't seem like yesterday when she told us that she was pregnant! I wanted to get her something nice for the baby (Corey and I were going to chip in) so I logged onto my laptop and started looking on some very cute baby sites. I was scrolling thought the items and I felt a buzz in my pocket. It was Chris calling me. He's been calling me all day. I can't pick up because I don't have anything to say to him which is weird because he's my boyfriend. But there's just something about talking to him which makes me so bored and unhappy.

When I was looking on the website, a message popped up at the top of the webpage. 'New E-mail' I went onto it and it was from the university. I got in. I got in to Curtin University. I let out a sigh. Why wasn't I happy? Here I am getting into one of the best universities in Australia and I'm unhappy. I don't know why.

I went back onto the baby website and started looking again. Mum and dad weren't finding out if it was a boy or a girl until it's born.

"What do you think about this?" I asked Corey, pointing at the plain white Moses basket on the computer

"Yeah, it's nice. I like it" he agreed

"So do you want me to order it?"

"If you want" he shrugged

"No, I asked you if you wanted to order it" I shouted, "I wouldn't have showed you if I didn't! Just give me a straight answer for once"

"Sheesh, Maddy. What's rocked your boat" Corey raised an eyebrow

"I'm sorry" I sighed, "it's just.....i got I to Curtin"

"Maddy!" Corey shouted, "that's amazing!"

"Yup" I frowned, "but somehow I'm not happy about it"

"Maybe it's because you don't actually want to go. Maybe it's because you only applied to shut mum up"

"Maybe that's true"

"Maybe?" Corey raised an eyebrow, "look, Maddy, if you don't want to go, don't go"

"It's not a simple as that, Corey" I threw a pillow at him