Chapter 1

Beaches and Brothers

***********

Friday

Today is the day! My last day of school...ever. I was pretty excited to get out of this dump. The past few months have been pretty tough on all of us year 12's; exams, senior prom (which was terrible by the way) applying for university, getting a job, getting stick off your parents if you don't have a job and so on. But all of that's over now and it's time for summer break. 

School doesn't matter though, not to me anyway because i already know what i want to be when i'm older. Nope, not a doctor or a dentist but the most amazing job there ever could be-  a surfer! Crazy, right? That's what my parents think, but I don't care because surfing is my dream and dreams do come true...sometimes. You've just gotta have hope and keep trying.

Even though I don't really like school, I've still got a pretty good attendance rate. That's mostly down to my friends- Jazz, Rosii, Gerri, Titan, Romeo, Casey and even my own twin brother Corey. It's been just the 8 of us for a good few years now and it's amazing because we all get along greatly with one another.

Just like the majority of friendship groups, of course, we all have our romances. Let me explain it to you. Gerri is with Titan, Rosii is dating Romeo, Jazz is dating Adam (a guy in our year), Corey is with Gabbie (Romeo's sister) casey is dating Lola(another girl in our year) and me? I'm the only single one.

"So who's up for the beach after school today then?" Titan asked the three of us. It was only Titan, Jazz, Romeo, Rosii and I at our lunch table today. Corey and Casey were with their soccer pals and Gerri was with her netball team I think.

"Nah mate, Rosii and I cant. It's our one year anniversary and we're going for dinner" Romeo said shyly

"Aww, when did Romeo find his heart?" Jazz asked,

"About a year ago today" he said quietly.

I guess Romeo really has changed. He used to be the joker of the group, always pulling pranks on somebody and laughing at everybody else's misfortune but he doesn't do that anymore.

"Neither can I, it's my mums birthday and we're having a house party for her" i said,

"Sorry Titan, i told my little brother that i'd teach him to surf so my dad and Emma are taking us to the reef" Jazz said. The excitment on Titans face shrunk.

"Well then, looks like i'll be going myself then, Titan the lonley surfer" he said letting out a sigh.

"I'll tell you what mate, i'd buy that book" Romeo said.

"Oh youre so funny Romeo"Titan said sarcastically.

"So how about we all go to the beach tomorow night and camp outside overnight, that way, we can all get together properly?" Jazz said,

"Oah, thats a great idea Jazz, look at you being all smart!" Romeo said, punching Jazz in the arm

"You guys in?" she asked us. Titan, Romeo and I all nodded,

"Cool, i'll see about the other guys as well"

When the bell went I got up and grabbed my bag and walked out of the lunch hall with a bunch of books in my hand. I heard a crash from behind me as I was walking and when I turned around to see what had happened I saw Titan lying on the floor with a chair lying on top of him. Everyone was in hysterics and Romeo was doubled over laughing. I can only assume that he was the one who tied Titan's Adidas Stan Smith trainers to the leg of the chair. What an idiot, honestly.