13

SOMEWHERE NEAR BEACON HILLS
Cora Hale

"Anything new on Derek?" Stiles asks over the phone as I walk around my little cabin looking out through the windows as it's dark outside. I don't spot anyone, and no sign of Derek's black camero either.

"He still hasn't shown up yet. I don't think he will. What's this about anyways?" I respond back to him as I walk away from my windows and turn the volume down of my TV.

"Derek is being mind controlled. I think. Just call me if he gets to you ok?" Stiles asks and him being anxious about this makes me nervous. Stiles isn't telling me the full story and something is very wrong. Mind controlled?

"Alright, bye." I hang up the phone on Stiles throwing my cell phone on the couch. I walk towards the kitchen grabbing my bowl of popcorn from the microwave and as I turn around my power goes out. I sigh as the storm outside must be playing with my electricity and I'm having enough of it.

The power comes back on and as it does, my TV resumes but it turns to static. I turn around going to look at the TV but as I do I spot a tall figure in all black standing in front of my TV. "Derek." I say scared dropping my popcorn and he looks at me strangely as he has no emotion in his face whatsoever. "What the hell?"

"Hello Cora." Derek walks towards me and I walk towards him giving him a big hug. I hold him tight as I've missed him, it's been very long. Derek holds on to me, hugging me tight and brushing his fingers through my hair being the bigger brother and caring for me like he always did.

"Stiles called, he told me about what was happening. Are you alright?" I let go of Derek as I'm really worried about him. I don't want anything to happen to him, Peter and Derek are the only family I have left.

"What did he tell you?" Derek asks as he's behaving more like himself being confused with what Stiles is saying.

"That you were being mind controlled. Are you sure everything is alright?" I ask confused still, and Derek laughs shaking his head. His reaction confuses me as I'm not sure what to believe.

"Everything is fine. I feel better than ever before." He caresses my cheek and I get nervous as Derek is behaving more weird now. "Cora, my sweet little sister." He says and this isn't him, this isn't anything like him. "Where's the vault?"

"What are you talking about?" I lie to him, pretending to not know anything about this vault. Derek has no business over the vault, and if he did, then he's truly being mind controlled.

"The Vault, Cora. Where mother kept everything. She has something that doesn't belong to her." I back away from Derek and Derek begins to get frustrated as I smell it on him. "I know you know. And I don't want to hurt you, so just tell me. Where's the vault?" Derek's nails grow longer as he's going to torture me if I don't tell him and I quickly dash to the kitchen taking out a long knife ready to attack him.

"Over my dead body."

"So be it then." Derek growls as he shifts into his wolf form and I do too. We dash to each other, and Derek grabs on to me as he's stronger than me and throws me against the wall. I get up quickly and try to hurt him but he catches my arm and breaks it. I scream in agony and Derek stabs his nails on to my neck and I feel him in my mind. 

I feel Derek travel through all my memories until he finds what he needs. I feel Derek find the memory he wants and I sense him finding out the exact location of the Hale vault. He looks around the Hale vault and spots a relic, a relic that Mother showed me but I never got to understand. The relic is a shattered piece of something bigger with what looks like ocean waves on it.