"This way"

Morgana and her men then started heading in the direction of the symbol.

______________________________________

Merlin stopped running when he saw a campsite with a burning fire. He looked around until he spotted Finna returning from collecting more sticks and twigs.

"Finna" Merlin ran up to her 

"Oh, Master" Finna went to bow but Merlin stopped her.

"Please don't"

"I thought I'd lost you"

"You doubted me?" Merlin smirked jokingly

"Never"

Merlin chuckled but then suddenly a bunch of  Morgana's men appeared out of nowhere. Merlin used his magic to fend off a few of them.

From where she was hiding a little bit away, Aria picked up her bow and loaded an arrow before firing it at one of Morgana's men who held a crossbow. But Aria's arrow hit its mark too late and the man shot Merlin in the side just as Aria's arrow lodged itself into the man's abdomen. He fell to the ground dead.

Merlin fell to the ground weakened and Finna helped him as Aria went to collect her arrow.

"Lie back," Finna told Merlin as she helped him lie down.

"Merlin!" Aria called out in worry as she ran over to him and Finna.

Finna gasped in delight when she saw Aria and bowed to her. "Mistress"

Aria looked at Finna strangely and confused before quickly turning her attention back to Merlin.

"Aria. What are you, doing here?" Merlin strained to say.

Aria just shrugged her shoulders at him giving him a sheepish smile. Merlin just sighed before groaning in pain.

"They won't be alone" Finna pointed out talking about the men who had just attacked them.

Aria grasped the arrow in Merlin's side, gave Merlin a sorry look, before yanking the arrow out of Merlin's side causing the warlock to cry out in pain.

"Morgana must not find you. Either of you" Finna said. 

Merlin unsheathed his sword and used it as support to stand up. "Where can we go?"

"There's an old watchtower on the other side of the valley," Finna told him as she and Aria helped Merlin stand up.

"Can you walk?" Aria asked concerned.

"Yeah. Yeah I think so" Merlin breathed

"It's not far," Finna said and began to lead the two to the watchtower. Aria and Finna supported Merlin as they walked.

______________________________________

Merlin has passed out for a while and when he woke up, he was sat on the ground leaning up against a tree. The old watchtower Finna had mentioned could be clearly seen in the distance.

Aria was sat opposite Merlin playing with her braid and humming.

"Why did you follow me?" Merlin groaned

Aria just shrugged her shoulders in response"Curiosity, I guess"

"You know that saying 'Curiosity killed the cat' " Merlin joked

"Yes, but satisfaction brought it back, Merlin" Aria smirked

Merlin just chuckled at shook his head before groaning in pain.