Chapter 8: Nightmare.

Start from the beginning

"Nightmare's coming. I can sense him. We need to get them out now."Dust says

I open a portal and nod. I toss Dream through after Dust carried Blue through. I'm about to step through and I can see Ink on the other side, aiding Blue. I felt a tentacle grab my arm. I make my strings go away and already knew who it was. Ink noticed and looks at me. I toss him the puppets. Worry filled his expression. I shut the portal. The tentacle then yanked me downstairs and I came face to face with Nightmare's slimy self. Swap!Pap was held in another tentacle, horribly hurt.

"Hey, Error! Bout time you showed up! I don't know or care what you were doing! Now, help us destroy this AU, silly minion!"Nightmare says, tossing us both aside.

I quickly signed to Swap!Pap the few things Blue taught me, the sign language alphabet and certain codes: C-O-D-E 4DS. He looks at me and nods. He teleported away. Nightmare was turned away, calling for his other "minions".

"Ya, aBoUt ThAt, I uH, cAn'T dO tHaT ANyMorE aNd I aM dOnE bEiNg ParT oF yOUr gAnG."I say

Nightmare turns around.

"What did ya say?"Nightmare asks

"I'M nOt sOmE SIlLy mInIOn. I maDe a TrUcE wiTh InK a-"I begin, but pause.

I felt a hand grab my arm and next thing I knew, I was yanked through some paint and I'm back on the couch. I knew Nightmare may come with the wrong idea and cause trouble. But maybe we had some time. That's the positive view of it. I feel a tug again, more firm and forceful this time, causing me to lean back on the couch. A face was soon above mine. Ink's. I realize my head landed in someone's lap. Ink's. I lift my scarf over my face, feeling it light up.

"HeY, InK. WhAt yA dO tHat fOr?"I ask

Ink said nothing. Then, he hugged me. He hugged me in his lap as if he was scared of letting go.

"I wasn't sure if Nightmare knew about you and Dust. When I saw that tentacle grab you, I thought he found out and was gonna kill ya! I couldn't let that happen! I'm so glad you're okay!"Ink explains

I hesitantly hug back and try to calm him. He was shaking. I couldn't understand why. I look at Dust to see he was tending to Blue's injuries while Dream laid out cold on a chair. I could see blush spread across Dust's face. I smirk at the sight. Then we all froze.

"Where. Is. He?!"A voice yells.

Dust scooped Blue up in his arms and ran upstairs, using blue magic to drag Dream up. They were quickly out of sight. Ink released me and I stood. The door caved in. Nightmare ran in and the gang surrounded Ink. Nightmare hugged me. What the hell is going on? Nightmare quickly released me.

"Attack! Nobody takes my minion and gets away with it!"Nightmare says.

The gang closed in on Ink.

"No! DoN't hUrT hIm!"I snap, using my strings to lift Ink out of reach.

"Error! What are you doing? You're my minion! We must kill him! Explain yourself!"Nightmare demands

"I aM nOt! I mAdE a TrUcE wItH InK aNd wHiLe yOu wErE sChEmINg, He sToPpEd DrEaM fROM kIlLiNg mE! He hElPeD mE hEaL! So, nObOdy hUrTS hIM."I snap.

"Listen to your master! I don't care about some silly truce! You're in my gang! You listen to me! So, Ink will get hurt if I want!"Nightmare snaps, shooting a tentacle up at Ink.

A bone attack sliced right through it. I look to see my good ol' buddy Dust coming over.

"Not anymore. We're going solo."Dust states proudly