Forty Three

For that psycho out there doing a 6 week intense workout 😂

⚠️ Trigger Warning: dark humour. ⚠️

🚬❤️🚬🗡🚬🧨🚬

"I don't know, Luke... I just hate how everything is turning out." Ashton sighed, sitting with Luke on his lounge couch as the television played old re-runs of eighties shows.

The house was quiet, the TV barely audible, after a night spent getting too high and too frisky. Luke's temporary solutions to problems always sounded so good, Ashton couldn't turn them down. Besides, he didn't mind knowing the marks on his skin came from whatever wild things he did last night.

"I wish I hadn't done it." He added, head rested on Luke's shoulder. "Everything would be fine if I didn't go to Harry."

"But we wouldn't know anything." Luke tried to counter. "We'd still be second guessing ourselves over Calum."

"Is it worth it though?" Ashton argued, dismal. "I mean, we lost both of them because of me."

"We'll figure it out, okay sugar?" Luke gave a soft kiss to Ashton's cheek, one arm wrapped around the smaller male's shoulders. "We haven't lost anyone-"

"Calum's never gonna want to see us again." Ashton mumbled, heartbroken. "This is all my fault, if I'd just done what he asked—"

"You can't change the past, honey." Luke insisted. "You just gotta fix it. We gotta fix it."

"How?" Ashton whined, miserable. "There's nothing I can do!"

"We could always do the adult thing and talk to him." Luke suggested.

"I don't want to do the adult thing."

"We're gonna have to." Luke got up from the couch, gently tugging Ashton up with him. "C'mon, cutie. It can't get any worse."

"That's inspiring." Ashton grumbled.

🚬🧨🚬💣🚬🗡🚬

🚬🧨🚬💣🚬🗡🚬

The sound of boiling water and sizzling bacon merged together as the strong smell of a hearty hangover breakfast wafted through the large kitchen.

Michael was standing silent in the doorway, eyes on Calum who was focussed on frying his bacon within the pan.

It was hard to let himself live in such an oddly satisfying moment when all Michael could think about was Calum's shattered heart that was desperately trying to love him one way or another. How could he help Calum? What the hell could he do?