Chapter 9- Eating Lunch Inside

Start from the beginning

"Ivy," I called.

She didn't jump, as if she could tell I was behind her; a mate thing. "What?" She asked. She tried to make her voice sound sharp and rude, but I could feel the happiness behind it. "What do you want, Owen?" She tried again. It didn't work. She was too happy.

"Can we talk?" I asked as nicely as I could. The last thing I want is for her to think I'm mad or upset with her.

"She doesn't want to talk to you, Owen," Bella said, loyally, "Don't worry, I've got your back girl."

"It's okay, Bella. I've got this. Owen, you've got ten seconds to say whatever you want to say to me. Time starts...now." I found her new-found confidence completely sexy, but I tried to control myself.

"Ivy, I never wanted to hurt you and I never wanted you to feel bad. I was being completely selfish. So I really hope you'll forgive me, but we still have that English project to work on. Still wanna be partners?" I said in a rush. She didn't say anything for a couple seconds.

"I don't think Mr. Doherty will let us switch partners especially when the project is due on Friday," she said simply without turning around. I nodded and was about to walk away but I got a good idea.

"Can I talk to you in private?" I.asked. She got up without protest. I led her into an empty hall. "Wait! Supply closets are much more private," she said. Immediately, I started to think sexual things.

"Uh okay." I found myself saying. After SHE led me into the nearest supply closet, she placed her hands on my chest like a barrier and said, "I'm sorry if you think this is weird, but the bell is about to ring and you never know who is listening in these halls. Well, what were you going to say?"

I found myself at a loss of words because my mind was not on this conversation. It was on something else involving Ivy.... I cleared my throat to get myself out of my thoughts. "Ivy, I know we have to do this project first, but I hope that you know that if you feel like you don't want anything to do with me, then just tell me. I need to know." My wolf cried inside at the thought if not talking to Ivy, my little mate, and it made me want to cry too.

"Y'know, Owen. I should be furious and embarrassed right now, but I cannot stand the idea of NOT talking to you," she whispered. The tightness of this space made me feel and hear her heart more than I normally would and it was playing tricks in me. I felt as if Ivy was turned on, but it could only just be me. "Owen."

"Hm?"

"Next year, let's not be partners for any projects." I felt my heart stop at the sound of her statement.

"What? Why?" I asked frantically.

"Because I always get distracted with you. I think things that I don't think with anybody else." I almost choked on my own saliva. She shouldn't have said that. My pants were becoming tighter and tighter with every breath I took.

"Ivy...Ivy..." I said breathlessly.

"Owen, this isn't a good idea."

"Right. That's what got us in this problem last time. Now... Um... Why were you sitting in the cafeteria?" I tried very hard to keep my mind on things that didn't involve our pelvises.

"Because... Mallory is really pissed off at me and all the populars--- I mean, your, um, pack is sitting outside. I don't want to face them right now," she said quietly. I caught the way she called the pack 'populars'. I acted like I didn't hear it. "Why were you sitting in the cafeteria, Owen?"

Because I'm worried about you. 

Because without you we cannot function, my wolf added.

"I needed help with math homework. Thomas and Gerald wanted to help," I explained casually. She nodded.

"Okay, if that was all you wanted, then I better go."

"Hold on," I said desperately, I couldn't have her go just yet. "When do you want to work on that project?" I asked.

"Whenever you want."

"Okay. Tomorrow. After school. My place," I said quickly before she could protest. Then, because I couldn't resist myself, I planted a kiss on her cheek. Her eyes widened then her cheeks grew red. She looks so innocent when she blushes.

"See ya later, babe." The wink came out naturally.

Outside the closet I saw that people were just now exiting the cafeteria. I joined them casually and headed to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home my parents were sitting in the living room with weary expressions. "Sit down, son," my dad said grimly. Oh crap.

"I'm sorry! I just wanted to get closer to Ivy!" I said quickly before they could start their lecture. Dad shook his head.

"But why have a party? John told me that you served alcoholic drinks. I thought I raised you better," he said. I shrugged sheepishly.

"There was soda, too."

"I do not want to come home from an exhausting national pack convention and hear that my son threw a party. I'm so disappointed in John. A Beta should know better," My mother said with a disappointed tone. It was one thing to make my dad angry, but I hated it when I disappointed mom.

"How was the convention, anyway?"

"Oh, you know, full of information and the usual riots," dad said with laughter.

"You mean that Silver Reflections pack was starting trouble again?" I asked.  

"Yes. They bring a whole new meaning to Alpha. Every year they want to start a dictatorship. Cole is an idiot," he said with less humor. They seemed to gave forgotten our previous conversation.

"Not so fast, Owen," mom said with the wagging of her index finger. "You're grounded for a week."

"But Ivy is coming over tomorrow to work on our project!" They glanced at each other for a second before sighing simultaneously.

"Fine."

"Hell, yeah! Watch out guys, you'll need noise canceling ear buds!" Mom paled a little.

"Just kidding. Ivy is way too amazing to do that. She would die of embarrassment if she even thought of doing that here."

"Wow. She sounds great," mom said with a smile.

"Better. She is completely amazing. Intoxicating. My mate."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[A/N]:

Another chapter!!!  

Kinda proud of myself for posting so quickly after the last one, but, hey, I'm weird like that.

OK GUYS THIS IS SUPER DUPER SERIOUS!: I really need you guys to tell me what you think of the story and what you think should happen next.... Down there *pointing* in the comment area.

I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am. Really.

VOTE/COMMENT and fan if you wanna. Please?

<3