"Let me get a picture of my masterpiece," as Emma snapped picture after picture of Kit.

Luckily, the doorbell rang just then. Kit was tired of posing for pictures for her sister. She'd never been the "model" type. A picture or two with the family was fine but she hated to be the only one in it.

"Go answer the door, Em."

"He's your date! You answer the door!"

"I want to make an entrance... please?" she even gave Emma a pouty lip she didn't know she possessed.

"Fine!" Emma huffed and walked toward the door.

Kit took the extra minute to calm herself down. Had she gone too far? Did she look like she was trying too hard? She took a deep breath and it caught when she heard Leland's tenor voice. She started to feel lightheaded and relized she was still holding her breath. Forcing herself to release it slowly she checked herself out one more time and headed down the hall.

She rounded the corner into the all-season sunroom. Leland was standing there with a bouquet of her favorite flowers and he looked as unsure as she felt. It was adorable how nervous he looked. Like he was a teenage boy picking up the homecoming queen for prom. She smiled at the thought.

As if sensing her arrival, Leland turned toward the door she just entered. His mouth dropped when he saw her standing there. He looked her from top to bottom and then to top again. But he didn't say anything.

"Hi, Leland," she said awkwardly, trying to help him out a little.

Snapping out of it, he said, "Hi," he smiled. "You ready to go?" he asked as he handed her the flowers. He was so awkward it was endearing.

"Thank you for the flowers, Hopsey," she smelled them and handed them off to Emma to take care of so she and Leland could get going.

Once outside, he took her hand in his and interlaced their fingers and brought them up to his mouth for a kiss. "You look beautiful tonight. You had me speechless."

"Thank you," she smiled coyly. "You don't look so bad yourself."

She started to walk towards his Jeep when he stopped her, "We're not taking the car," he grinned.

"Where are going then?" she asked curiously.

"This way." He led her down the dock and onto the boat.

"Is this a good idea? Last time we were on a boat together didn't end so well, and you never did apologize," she teased.

He pulled her closer and looked her in the eyes as he said, "I really didn't mean any of the things I said. I just went crazy when I saw Ewen's hands all over you. I wanted my hands all over you," he blew out a frustrated breath then continued, "Then Emma started telling me some things and I just lost it. I am sorry. Deeply sorry. I never want to put that hurt in your eyes ever again."

"I accept your apology. I know it took a lot for you to do that," she smiled reassuringly. He never apologized about anything. She just learned to let things roll off her shoulders back then. "Thank you for saving my life."

"Great. Now that that's out of the way, let's get going." He started the small yacht and pulled it away from the dock. Kit stood closely beside him as he drove. They were quiet for a while, just enjoying each other's company when Kit broke the silence.

"Ok, it's killing me! Where are we going?"

"We're almost there Hell-Kat. Just be patient," his chuckle rolled over her, making her want to touch him. She took one of his hands off the wheel and interlaced it with hers. The touch was so innocent but it made her feel like the luckiest woman in the world. She closed her other hand over their woven fingers and rested her head on his shoulder. The connection felt so right. She knew she should be running like a bat out of hell, but she couldn't move. All she could do was savor this moment.