Chapter 8

flashback...

Leland had just dropped Kit off at home before driving home himself. Soccer practice had been long and he was tired, hungry, sweaty, and muddy. All he wanted was a shower and dinner.

"Hey!" Ewen greeted him as he came through the door.

"Hey! What's up?" Leland smiled when he saw his brother. Those two were thick as theives though Ewen was two years younger.

"I was just waiting for you to come home, I got the new Grand Theft Auto!" Ewen announced to his brother proudly.

"No way! Let me shower and I'll be down in ten minutes!" Leland ran down the stairs to his bedroom as fast as he could and showered in record time. Then hit the stairs running.

"Leland! Dinner is ready!" Molly called from the kitchen.

Leland groaned. He was really looking forward to kicking Ewen's trash at this new game. But he was hungry so the game would have to wait.

He and Ewen gobbled up their dinner so fast he was surprised they didn't both choke, then ran to the game room to play. As soon as it was set up someone knocked on the door.

"Hopsey? Molly said you were in here," he heard Hell-Kat say.

"Yeah! Come on in! Ewen and I are playing Grand Theft Auto!" Leland announced.

"Hey Ewen! What's up?" She smiled at the two of them and they both smiled back at her.

"I was just about to call you to see if you wanted to come play with us!" Ewen beamed at Hell-Kat as she took the seat on the couch between them.

"I'm always up for beating you guys at anything," she taunted.

"Like that's gonna happen! I'm gonna kick your ass so bad you won't even know what hit you!" Leland trash-talked back.

Ewen leaned over and whispered something in her ear and she nodded and laughed at him.

"Ok fine. I'll go easy on you Hopsey. Seeing how you never beat me at anything," her eyes sparkled when she taunted him.

"But, that doesn't mean I will!" Ewen laughed. For the next twenty minutes the two of them ganged up on Leland, putting him behind in the game.

"Cheaters," he muttered.

"Leland!" Walter bellowed from the doorway, "Mom said no video games until your homework is done."

"That's fine. These two are playing a dirty game anyway. Come on Hell-Kat. Let's go do homework."

"Why can't she stay here and play with me?" Ewen asked.

"I came over here to help Hopsey with his History homework," she explained. "Plus, I'm kind of sick of going easy with this game. Let me know when you want a real blood match."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

present....

Crazy. Absolutely crazy. Five minutes to six and she was going completely bonkers! Emma had been a mad woman all day, shopping, hair, make-up, nails. All of the things that Emma loved but Kit loathed. She admits she looks hot. Leland was going to sweat when he saw her. The thought made Kit smile to herself.

"See? You know Leland is gonna come in his pants when he sees you!" Emma smirked cockily.

"He'll be surprised. That's for sure." Kit looked at herself in the mirror one more time and grinned. Her hair was hanging loose around her shoulders, it had been years since she allowed herself to let her hair down. The effect made her look years younger. She wore a silk emerald green cami with a tight emerald green and navy blue plaid button down shirt that exposed an impressive amount of cleavage, skinny jeans that showed off all her curves, and strappy sandals with a wedge heel. She admited she looked fantastic.