XI

Trying to regain my breathing I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder giving it a tight squeeze. Little by little my heart began to slow down and my breathing was slowly becoming regular. I could hear from a distance of the cars loud engines.
" Hey, you alright man?" Yoongi asked looking at me oddly worried.
I nodded removing his hand from my shoulder. I got off his bike and took in a couple deep breaths to make sure I'm alright.
" What was that? Do you need help or anything?"
I shook my head no. I was trying to come up with an excuse on the spot. Why would I tell this man that I have a weak heart. Anything too bad could trigger my death.
" It was just a nervous break down. I get them a lot when I get pretty.. uh nervous?" My explanation mainly sounded as a question then it did an answer.
" Oh." Was all he could respond back.
" I'll uhm.. I should get going home."
" You're walking home? It's pretty late not to mention it's dark." Yoongi said.
" It's fine enjoy the race and let me know who wins." I said walking backwards while looking at him still.
" Are you sure?"
" Yeah, positive." I responded.
" Well, do you have a number or something? I could tell you who won." He asked without hesitating.
My number? MY NUMBER?
I stopped walking and felt my heart beat go a little harder and a bit faster.
" Uh, yeah. Sure. Sure." I scratched the back of my head walking towards him. He pulls out his phone and hands it to me. I grabbed it and put my number in giving it back to him.
" I'll text you later then." He placed his phone in his pocket getting on his motorcycle watching bye before leaving.
I gave a small wave and smile watching him leave. He turns the corner onto a street and vanishes. I sighed to myself and continued to walk home.

——

Slowly closing the door behind me and checking the time it was 1 o'clock in the morning. What a far ass walk. I slowly head up the stairs and into my room closing the door softly behind me.
I changed into more comfortable clothes getting ready to sleep till I hear a ding go off on my phone startling me.
" Shit!"
I grabbed my phone from the night stand and see an unknown message.

Unknown: Is this Jimin?

Jimin: Who is this?

Unknown: It's Yoongi.

Oh my god! It's yoongi! IT'S YOONGI!
I took a couple deep breaths before responding. Why was I being such a complete
fan boy over this stranger?

Jimin: Oh! Hey. What's up?

Yoongi: Well, I hate to say this but you're
friend lost. Terribly.

Hoseok lost? He didn't just loose money. He lost his car.

Jimin: Terribly? How? I thought he was
wining!

Yoongi: I was rooting for him as well, but the other racer cheated. I don't think
anyone caught on but I did.

He cheated? But that's not fair, it should have been a fair race. Not cheating!

Jimin: Cheated?! How!

Yoongi: Some other cars interfered
in front of your friend blocking him.

Jimin: Blocking him? How? 

Yoongi: God so much explaining!
You're friend lost end of story.
Yoongi: There is nothing he can
do about it.

That's it? He was no help to me what's so ever.

Jimin: Well, do you at least
know the driver?

The least he could do to help me, but if he does know him. What on earth would I do to the guy? Confront him? Fight him?

Yoongi: I don't but I'll ask a friend.
Give me a minute.

I responded with an "okay" and waited from him to respond later on.  Not even a whole 5 minutes he had came back with a name.

Yoongi: His name is Kim Taehyung.