Week 3. Cocktail party

Start from the beginning

"Better. It doesn't hurt that much to be honest."

"I got scared when I saw your bloody finger."

"Yeah, me too. But I'm more of a 'not panic' kind of chick."

"So you react quickly?"

"I mean, yeah. Ever since I was a little girl, I learnt that panicking only delays you. You need to focus first and then you can be scared. That's how I was raised."

"I get it. When I was growing up, my father was a very strict person, he was one of those people who thought that men shouldn't cry, he would yell at me if I got A-, he was extremely strict. But he would always tell me to think before I act, but to act before I think. It was really confusing, because I was a little boy, but then it made sense."

"Can I ask why you talk about your dad in past tense?"

"Well, I haven't had a relationship with him since I was probably 16. To me, he never was my dad, he was just my father. I wasn't allowed to call him dad, I called him Sir. He wasn't a good roll model, or a father figure."

"Really?" he nodded. "Have yo talked to him since?"

"Not really. My mom is still married to him, so when I go home to visit them, we avoid each other. He was the best husband to my mom, but a crappy father to me."

"And do you want to fix that relationship?"

"I don't know. I haven't thought about it."

"Maybe you should. Maybe you do and realize that it was what you wanted. What you were missing."

"Sorry to interrupt." Colton said behind us. "Alanna, could we talk?"

"Of course. We'll talk later." I told Brent.

Colton gave me a big hug.

"What was that for?"

"I missed you."

"But you saw me a few hours ago."

"I know, but that's a lot of time."

"Well, I missed you too." he smiled and kissed me. "So, I wanted to thank you."

"What for?" He asked, with furrowed eyebrows.

"Being my knight in shining armor. I really appreciate you helping me and taking care of my finger."

"My pleasure. Truly. I want you to know that I will always take care of you. No matter what, no matter when or where, I will always be there to take care of you and provide you a safe place."

"Thank you."

"I mean it Alanna. I will always be there for you. I know I will probably scare you off, but I need to tell you how I feel."

"Yeah." I said to him with a big smile.

"I am falling for you. Maybe it's too early, but I've never felt like this. I feel like I need to protect you, take care of you. You are a fantastic human being. You have one of the biggest hearts and I am falling for you. I know that it is too soon, because we barely know each other, but I feel like we've known each other for years."

"I'm speechless."

"I also know that maybe you don't feel the same, so I understand."

"I also feel like we've known each other for years. We have a true and beautiful connection. And even though I'm not in the same place as you, I want you to know that I truly care and appreciate you."

Colton remained silent, but he had one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen. He leaned in and gave me a sweet kiss.

"As much as I like being here with you, there is someone I need to talk to."

"Yeah, of course. Go."

As I walked alone towards the room where everyone was waiting, I replayed the short conversation I had with Josh in my head.

"Hey guys." All of them turned around. "How are you doing? Having fun?" I asked them.

"Yeah, just chillin'."Alexander answered.

"Good." I smiled at him. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but Josh." I turned to him. "Could we talk?"

"Sure."

As we walked away, I could here the boys talking about me going over there.
"That looked serious."
"It sure did. Maybe it is about this morning."
"Could be."

"So..."

"I wanted to talk to you about what you said this morning."

"What about this morning?" He asked, confused.

"Well, before we started our date, you pulled me aside and you warned me about some of the guys not being who they say they are."

"Yeah."

"So my question is: who were you talking about?"

"I mean, I don't want to say names, cause I don't want to create problems."

"But I mean, if you warned me, it's because you know that something is going on, and I want to have all the information."

"I get what you are saying, but I think that's something you need to figure out by yourself."

"So you won't tell me?"

"No. Maybe another day, but you need to analyze all of your relationships and think about who you want." With that, he stood up and walked away.

"Like what the hell."
______________
After I finished talking to everyone, I joined them in the main room where all the guys were hanging out.

"Hey guys. So I want to thank you for today. I had great conversations tonight. And, with that being said, Colton." I turned to him. "Will you accept this rose?"

"Every time." I pinned the rose to his jacket and hugged him.

"I will see all of you on the rose ceremony. Have a good night."

As I was hugging everyone, my hug with Brent lasted a little more than usual. So I whispered into his ear: I appreciate what you told me and that you confided in me. Don't ever think that I take for granted our time or our conversations. Thank you.

____________________
I have a question. I was thinking about incorporating some sex scenes into the book, would you like that? I mean, if I add them, would you like for me to be specific? Or do I just vaguely describe what is happening?

I hope you like the chapter.