Get to know me

Let me tell you a bit about myself. My name is Alanna Mason, I am 26 years old and I am from Washington, DC.
The first time I ever watched The Bachelor I couldn't believe that a person could find love among 30 different people in just three months. It was crazy, but after a lot of consideration I decided I would apply for the show.

*Flashback*
"Meg, I need your help with this application. I really want to get on the show." I told my best friend as I applied for The Bachelor.

"Why? Do you really want to be seen on national television?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I didn't know if I should get offended by her comment.

"I mean, you are one of the most gorgeous women out there, with a beautiful heart, but you have a rough personality and I'm saying this with all the love in the world."

"Well thank you for that." I say as I give her the finger.

"Look, I know you want to find love and settle down with someone, but I don't think you can truly find what you are looking for with a man you barely know and for whom you are 'fighting for'." She said as she approached the bed where I was siting on. Two glasses of white wine in her hands.

"I know you have a strong opinion about this, I know it is insane, but I really want to find love. I want to be with someone who wants to settle down and have kids, someone who will open the door for me, someone who will want to have fun, somebody who tells me I'm pretty in the mornings even though I am a hot mess. I want someone I can grow old with. That is why I am doing this, and I would like the support of my best friend."
I noticed she started to think and after a few seconds she handed me my glass.

"Fine, I will help you. But if we really are going to do this we need dresses and a lot of booze." I smiled and hugged her for that.

A few weeks after I sent my application, I received a confirmation letter telling me that I was chosen to participate on The Bachelor.
I couldn't believe it. I was shocked.

Long story short, I participated on the show. I got to know 29 beautiful ladies and a truly handsome and awesome guy -Kris White-
Week after week he kept choosing me and I fell head over heals for him. But it wasn't meant to be. It was down to Kennedy and me, and he chose her. He broke my heart, but I knew what I was getting myself into. I knew the risks.
I was devastated, truly heartbroken and I thought I could never put myself in that position again. It wasn't until later, when Chris Harrison told me I was going to be the next Bachelorette.

*End of flashback*

Now I'm here, preparing my suitcases to start my journey into finding love again.
This is my story into falling in love.
Welcome to The Bachelorette.