Week 5. Cocktail Party

I was frustrated to say the least with the situation, but mostly with myself, because I didn't know what to do or believe. 

I wanted to get to the bottom of everything, but I had a suspicion that I wouldn't be able to know what was the truth and what wasn't. 

As I entered the lobby of the restaurant we were having our cocktail party at, I took a deep breath and hoped for the clarity I so desperately wanted and needed. 

"Hi, guys." I said as I approached the table where Josh and Shawn were. "How are you?"

"Good. You look stunning." Shawn said as he hugged me and opened my chair for me. 

"Thanks." I sais as I picked up my wine glass. "So, as always I want to make a toast before we start. Here's to being truhtfull and having all the clarity that we need." 

"Cheers." Both of them said. 

"So, I wanted to thank you for today. I know it's not easy being on two-on-one dates, mine wasn't fun. I can assure you that my intention with todays date wasn't to pin you against each other or back you against a corner, I just want to get to the bottom of this animosity between you two."

"Yeah, it's not the best feeling." Josh said with a small chuckle that made me giggle.

"I know. With that being said, I want to know what the hell is going on. What happened between you two?"

"I don't know. I remember him being a little rude with me after the first night." Shawn said. 

"But you were a duche that night. All I did was ask for my time with Alanna, it was the first night. I asked politely and you told me no, which I could understand, but you were rude."

"So all of this started because I said no to you asking for your time with Alanna? We had just sat down. You know how hectic that first night was and I had just asked to talk to her, we had literally just sat down when you came in guns blazing, asking to talk to her."

"But you didn't have to be rude to me. I gave what I received." Josh said, jaw clenched. 

"So I said no and from then on you were just an ass because of that? Really? That's very immature." Shawn rolled his eyes. 

"And calling me names makes you feel better? Don't you think that's also immature?" Josh mokingly asked. 

"Okay, okay." I said, trying to keep our conversation somewhat peaceful. "I do remember that moment. I know the first nights are always hectic, with traying to talk to everyone, the filming crew needing our confessionals, traying to have a good time, I know how it is. I do remember you." I turned to Josh. "Coming to ask if we could talk, and I do remember Shawn asking you if you could come back later, because we had just sat down." 

"And I understand that, but he didn't need to be rude." Josh said, rolling his eyes and leaning back on his chair. 

"Dude, I wasn't rude. I just said no and asked if you could come back later. I then explained that we had just sat down, and we hadn't had time to talk. All you had to do was walk away and try later on. We were all trying to talk to her that night, but everyone was respectful of everyone's time, except you."

"So now I'm also disrespectful. What else am I?"

"Stop trying to egg me on, you are not going to make me look bad in front of Alanna. Just acknowledge you were rude and then we can all move on." 

"I'm not making you look bad in front of her, you are doing a fine job on your own." He laughed. "Can you acknowledge you were also rude?" Josh asked.