Chapter 30: Graduation•

Hilda's Pov

For as long as I can remember, which was probably a few weeks ago, Rosa had been acting strange ever since she wanted to go to the mainland, and became even more stranger when she came back.

She use to tell me everything she's going through, and I do mean everything. We have a special bond that brings us that close together, but I guess whatever she's gone through wasn't good enough to trust me with.

Mom told me that she got a little out of her, and informed that Rosa didn't want to tell her details because she was a nurse, which made no sense. Thanks to Hilbert and his brilliant mind, I soon found out that she was planning on saving her Pokémon on her own, since the hospital has been taking years to help.

I won't say I necessarily agree to what she's doing, since she's kept herself from sleeping and eating properly. For the first time in a long time, I saw her run into the house yesterday, got a bottle of powder and berries from her room, and shove everything in the blender before storming out with whatever she made. One sniff of it almost made me vomit.

Whatever she did, she returned home with a smile on her face. She seemed relieved, but not completely. She went to her room to sleep for a long few hours and ate so much of my cooking that I'm pretty sure she was about to blow.

I don't see why she's happy if her Pokémon isn't with her. Not sure if that has anything to do with her happiness, but I'll take it any day if it means that she can relax and eat right again.

Graduation finally arrived and I took the liberty to doing her makeup while mom dressed her up "This is weird" she sweat dropped.

"Well, it's a big day. We don't want you messing it up" I said, painting her face "now stand still!" She groaned and let me do what I wanted, soon becoming ready to be a movie star! "Oh Rosa! You're so cute! You can easily become famous just by that pretty face of yours!" She sweat dropped.

"More people to disappoint? No thanks" someone rung the doorbell. Since I was done with the makeup, I went down to open the door for Cheren and Hilbert.

"To what do I owe this honor?" I joked, mostly confused on why they were together. The way they were looking at me wasn't pretty.

"Hey Hilda, do you know what happened to that little girl that turns into a Zorua?" Hilbert asked.

"Oh" he must mean that girl that's always following her "I'm not sure. I haven't seen her since yesterday"

"I was more than happy when Nate informed me that she had a Pokémon on her side, but since it hasn't been around, I can only guess she's without a Pokémon again" Cheren sighed "Why must this be difficult? She won't get another Pokémon"

"And she seems like she's not going to stop looking for that berry" Hilbert finished. I held my hip.

"She seems happy enough, so what's this berry got to do with anything-"

"I heard Nate and his friends talking in his room. They think she's going to go to the mainland to find the berry without a Pokémon" I flinched "Nate knew this and tried asking her if he can protect her, but he chickened out" Nate... tried telling her that?

"That's not a good sign to begin with. I will not have a first generation graduate of the school I opened to miss their opportunity in getting their trainer badge" Cheren said "It seems that no one can get to her. I'm sure you can't either" I frowned.

"Somehow... I think I know what she's up to" I said.

"I do to, but it's too risky. This isn't the right way to think" Hilbert said.