Chapter 20: Library•

Serena's Pov

I released Nate's shirt after what he told me. I stared into his dull expression looking at mine relaxing after taking in the fact "So that's how it is" I chuckled "Your heart drives you to forget what your mind came up for you. So afraid of those who talk, but your heart had bigger plans. It drove you to follow Ethan, and you showed him the exact same feeling you felt when he hurt the one you cared about. After seeing and understanding, he stopped hurting girls. Is that it?" He just nodded.

"Fascinating!" I opened my arms "I love hearing more and more about the things that drive people to do the unthinkable! I knew it was a risk, but that is why I asked Rosa to join us at dinner! Sorry if I hurt you" he looked away "Your heart is leading now, isn't it?" He looked back at me "Are you going to follow it? You didn't seem to care about what Ethan did. Is your heart strong enough to overcome what you made up in your mind and take action of what your heart has desperately wanted?" I walked over to the window to look out and continued talking.

"Rosa has always been interesting to me. From first sight, you would think she was nervous and defenseless, but that isn't it at all. She's strong, she's helpful, she's jolly, but keeps herself away from other people. That, I still don't really know why, but I have a theory" I shrugged "Don't you think you have to make it up to her?"

"Huh?" He looked confused.

"For the thoughts that go through your mind, don't you ever think that what you did impacted her decisions? On the reason why she doesn't want friends?" He looked down "Dawn told you then and there. Rosa doesn't hate you. She's forgiving. She gets..." I don't want to say too much for her. If they talk together, they have to explain to each other what they've been thinking "So what if you called her stupid? I call Calem stupid all the time" I chuckled "he calls me stupid as well. Sure, I would want to snap his wrist when he says that, but no. I love him too much" I daydreamed about my wedding with Calem "Calem looks like a nerd sometimes, but if he can handle someone like me, you know he's strong! Just like Rosa! If she can handle Ethan, she can handle anything you have to say" he bit his lips and started shaking.

"Can it really be that simple?"

"So simple!" I laughed "So simple that you're going to want to shoot yourself in the head for overthinking everything!" I pointed at his face "Listen to your heart again. Don't hit anyone, but listen to it lead you to the right path. You spend so much time making sure people are happy, but what about you?" I hid my hands behind me, smiling at him shaking even more "When are you going to be happy?"

"I knew I can never be happy again. Not after what I did to her"

"Well, I might not know what you did, but instead of talking to her about something off the subject, tell her how you feel" I smirked "Hearing what she has to say will bring some weight off your heart. I know it will" he looked down.

"Can you get out my house?" I laughed.

"Sure!" I turned my back on him "but only if you promise me"

"Why would I promise you? You'll make things worse. You always make things worse" I held my chest.

"I'm hurt!" I teased "Well, what do you have to lose? One point I can come across... When you spoke to her, or when she even yelled at you, did she look like she hated you?" He gasped a little. I smirked, thinking I got him a little. A little is enough. The little things our friends threw at him is enough... Everything I said was enough. I won't let this go any further... I won't let my friends keep those worried looks on their faces... I won't let Rosa walk away from everything... and I won't let Nate ruin his life.

I walked out the house before taking a deep breath and looked up at the house that was in front of Nate's house. Dawn told me that this was Rosa's house... When told, I was warned to not sneak in, but no one was around, so I looked both left and right before aiming to sneak into the house when no one was watching.