Chapter 31: Ceremony•

Rosa's Pov

I had never imagined having my graduation picture taken with so many caring and loving people. Not in a long time had I ever thought that I would take it with Nate...

I got to be next to him in the picture. It seems too good to be true, but it made me so happy that I couldn't help but blush. Of course, I had to ask if it was okay to be next to him in the picture. He didn't mind and actually wrapped his arm around me, which kept me from fully smiling at the picture, but it made my face completely red and shyly smiling.

Our graduation rehearsal didn't take that long. All we had to do was walk up the stage in alphabetical order by last name and take a seat while waiting for our name to be called in the same order.

"I can't believe after four years of being here, it's almost the end" Calem said, staring at the direction from a far where family and friends gathered to see us walk the stage "I won't forget any of it" Serena wrapped her arm around his head and hugged him.

"My love! You're adorable! I'll never forget either! This is just the start of our adventure together!" He pushed her off her and fixed his hair, making her laugh and hug him again.

"We expected this day, but didn't expect it with Rosa with us" I looked at Brendan smiling at me "You're our friend whether you like it or not" I looked down, feeling happy that they made that decision on their own. I guess I can't really shake them from anything I may cause... but they are leaving soon. The least I can do is accept. Right?

"Too bad Ethan won't be graduating with us" May said, looking around.

"Who cares about that guy?! He's nothing but trouble!" Serena huffed. I frowned and waited for the ceremony to start. I could see my family and a familiar head of hair sitting in the crowd. My heart went doki when I figured who it was.

"Rosa?" Nate called me. I looked up at him offering a generous smile to me, making my heart go even more wild "You okay? You're getting red"

"Oh!" He asked how I was? "I'm okay!" Everyone looked at me "I...I just see my big brother in the crowd"

"You mean the wanted man?" Dawn whispered. I pouted.

"I like to see them try to mess with him! As long as he's with my sister, he can't be touched!" Everyone giggled at me defending him. Nate frowned for a moment before walking away to talk to his friends. Nate..?

"Is everyone ready?" Cheren walked over to everyone in our class while wearing a large robe, next to Bianca.

"Everyone looks so cute!" Bianca smiled, then came up to me and pinched my cheeks "Look at you! I never seen you in makeup!"

"It's really heavy on my face..." I glanced over at Nate looking at me from the corner of his eye, then I looked away as quickly as possible.

"Everyone already knows what to do. If you don't, then you'll embarrass yourself in front of your parents. Don't want to do it? Then you better remember what we practiced. It's simple" Cheren crossed his arms "don't show that you can't say your alphabet in order. Everyone get in positions" everyone got in line and I ended up behind Dawn like I am in class. She looked back at me and smiled.

"I wish I tried harder the other years of our school life to become your friend" I frowned as she smiled more "But I'll never regret being your friend. I just wish you were mine"

"Dawn..." Cheren got everyone to move to our seats that stood in front of the parents. I looked down the entire time, trying not to trip on anything so I won't embarrass myself. I looked down for the remainder of the walk that I ended up sitting down without realizing that I missed seeing my family waving at me.