Chapter 19: Broken•

Ethan's Pov

I leaned on the wall as I watched Nate staring at nothing in particular. No matter how many times I yelled at him or picked on him for what he was doing, it's like the switch in his head turned off.

Anything I did didn't work. Even as far as to hit him in the stomach, he took the hit but didn't get mad about it. It was getting really annoying, and I didn't know what to do to make him say something!

The guys are off somewhere with the girls, looking for Rosa or whatever, so I was left with this loser going off into space. We were at the outlook, looking at the scenery from the high staircase we climbed to keep him busy, or just continue to think in his own little world.

"Why did I get stuck with you anyways?" I asked him, not getting a response like before "everyone said it was because you yelled at that little girl. What's the big deal? All you did was yell at her. She's a tough girl, she knows how to handle stuff" I shrugged "For a girl that small, she has guts. I'll admit that"

"I feel like she hates me even more and won't ever look at my face ever again" he said. Oh, so he finally talked.

"Why does that matter anyway? She's a loser. She has no friends and a total waste of time" I walked to the staircase "I don't know why you even care. You were the one that allowed those other kids and I to beat on her" I pocket my hand and looked at him stiffen up.

"It was no fun, but I'll admit that she takes some work to get on her nerves. Stupid bitch always dare to start something. If it weren't for Hugh, I would had probably messed up that pretty face of hers" I observed Nate carefully, seeing him slowly turn to show the death anger in his eyes. I smirked and turned away.

"So what if she hates you? Give her another reason to. You're better than she is, aren't you? Aren't you the strongest trainer in trainer school?" I chuckled "You're acting like this over a girl after you've dated so many? Even an idol? Man, you must've really gone down hill" I walked down the steps "If you get down to her level, that'll make you the loser" I laughed "No pressure or anything" I looked back at him ignoring me.

"Don't do anything stupid when I leave" I finished.

"I won't..." he responded again "I know I've been selfish, so I'm not going to be selfish and leave everyone behind" I left him alone and walked around the city on my own.

It doesn't take much words to break Nate or even Brendan. They always stuck with me and even if they got upset, they quickly apologize if their mind's slipped. Personally, I don't really care what they have to say to me, but it makes me laugh how they cower whenever I'm around something they probably like.

They think I don't notice their real motives. I know Brendan likes all these girly stuff and making dresses and all that weird stuff, and I know Nate doesn't really have an outgoing personality.

He is the big show of the school and is likable by everyone, always helping people and encouraging others. That's cute and all, and even if I make sure to not mention it to keep him around, his dull personality is really annoying.

This is something that even Hugh doesn't know about. Whenever the other boys and I had bullied Rosa when we were little, I notice the shine from Nate's eyes disappear. He was scared of me, and didn't want me laughing at him again after making fun of him for playing with a girl all the time.

I've always knew that when the day that happened, he laughed to pretend he didn't care about her so that I'd stop making fun of him, but I already saw a part of him disappearing. When hearing that Rosa moved away, he stopped talking for a few days. Even the way he plays video games is a bit creepy.