Chapter 8: Meeting*

May's Pov

It was lunchtime at the moment and many of our friends had agreed to meet up in the library to discuss the plans for tonights plans for dinner. It would be best to do it in the lunchroom, but Nate doesn't particularly know where we are at the moment because of what Serena did.

"I swear, it was just to be nice and help her open up!" Serena explained herself to the group.

"You doing that was the most stupidest idea I've ever heard" Hugh crossed his arms, leaning on his seat "Why are we having this discussion? We all know she doesn't like talking to anyone. Why would she even come?"

"You never know!" Serena whined.

"Why are we in the library anyways? Doesn't Rosa come here sometimes? Is this really the best place to discuss this?" Brendon asked.

"She hasn't showed up today" I told him "She's out for the day, but it's not clear if she'll show up later"

"What happened?" Calem asked. Dawn explained what happened "What?! Do you think it's because of those injures you were talking about?"

"Most likely... She was limping" she said.

"Are we here to discuss food or Rosa?" Lucas asked, confused.

"Well, we're talking about Rosa coming to dinner with us since Serena was dumb enough to invite her without thinking if there would be enough seats!" Barry, a member of our group of friends who is known to have a high temper with a burst of energy, said.

Serena groaned "Hey! I'm trying to be nice here!"

"It shouldn't be so hard to add another chair. We can just call the restaurant. What's the big deal?" Lucas asked. Dawn sighed and pet his head, confusing him more.

"That's all fine and dandy, but that's not why we're here today" I placed my hands on the table everyone was sitting by "It's the reason why we don't have Nate here with us"

"Ethan isn't here either" Brendon looked around "Which is the best time to have whatever this is. I feel like we're in a meeting"

"We are!" Dawn stood up.

"Here we go" Hugh rolled his eyes at her.

"I called you all here today because Nate is a social butterfly who can befriend anyone, right?" Dawn asked.

"Yeah?" Brendon said "So this is about Nate?" Calem stood up.

"Only partly"

"So we're also talking about Rosa?" I pulled down Brendon's beanie playfully and sat on his lap, making him angry.

"So you're not so stupid after all!" I laughed.

"Serena had invited Rosa to come join us for dinner. Even if that's probably impossible because of how much of a loner she likes to be, the possibility of her being there will effect the mood of the table"

"It will?" Lucas asked "If she did show up, I feel like it'll be more fun because of how thoughtful she is"

"She is thoughtful" I said "But that's not the point. If she did happen to come, she and Nate will act oddly" I explained "They have a complicated history we don't know about. It's why they never spoke"

"I never really thought of that" Barry said "Now that you said it, I've never seen Nate talk to Rosa before. Last year when we had a class together with assigned seats, they were sitting next to each other"

"They were?!" Dawn gasped.

"Yeah! When it was time to partner up, the teacher pulled a piece of paper with the person's name on it and whoever's name was pulled out together, they had to be partners. This happened a lot between them, by coincidence... They refused each time"