Chapter 4: Organize*

Rosa's Pov

Dawn had always been an interesting character. They say if she wants to become friends with someone, it's pretty honorable since she's seen as a princess with a rich family. Anyone would love to become friends with her, and even if it's easy to become friends with her, it's not easy for her to become your friend.

I've heard others saying how she's too elegant to talk to anyone and only bothers talking to those who have a popular status or whatever. She's friends with the populars, and appreciates them, but I never really quite believe what people say about her, because when she's trying to become friends with me, she's anything but elegant. She's like a kid who wants a piece of candy, or in her case, chocolate.

She came out of nowhere when we were in the library. I was in the middle of thinking about my memories as I held the very bookmark that was a symbol of something precious, but also very childish and naive, since it was something that could be easily made.

I had just finished talking to Calem, who also freaked me out, but not enough to make me lose my train of thought. I was still thinking about the past... but Dawn was a bit more loud that I almost had a heart attack!

I can't quite understand her... She's very sweet and pretty. She always tries to find ways to talk to me, but I couldn't give her enough time she would like to have since I got myself to leave a long conversation like I always do. I wish I knew exactly why she wanted to be my friend, but she's not the first who tried.

Today was different. I never received a gift from anyone who tried becoming my friend. It so happens she saw me make a fool of myself in the supermarket when I bought so much chocolate. She thought to make me some... I felt touched that she thought of me the entire time, and the chocolate was very delicious.

Even if she's one of the many people that are very kind and caring towards me, I felt in my heart that none of it is real. There's nothing about me that's all that special to get so much attention. I don't believe Dawn has bad intentions, but she's one of the very few people I know that I can trust. I just can't see what she sees in me.

I couldn't even focus in class. My stomach kept growling from skipping lunch and I had my mind on the bookmark all day. To think Nate kept it all this time... yet he threw it away just like that in front of me. It's as he tried showing me that what we had meant nothing... and it broke my heart.

"Rosa?" Someone whispered. I looked up to see Dawn turned around from her desk to look at me while everyone else was working on their assignments "Are you okay?" She frowned at me. I quickly nodded, later noticing I had tears on my face. I quickly wiped them away and gave my signature smile.

"I'm fine" I whispered back. She didn't look convinced, but turned around further and leaned on my desk, confusing me.

"Did you like the chocolate?" She smiled, eager for my answer. I responded with a smile and was about to answer before the teacher called out Dawn to focus on the assignment. She just chuckled and smiled at me before turning around. I looked down and looked at my empty sheet of paper. I can't even focus on my work...

It was finally the last period of the day and I went to the office to start organizing paperwork. It was strangely a lot today, but I wasn't alone. Most of these papers were assigned by the front desk ladies, but most of it was too much for them to take care of, so I'm assigned to take care of them with the other office aid that doesn't show up most of the time.

She never shows up when she's supposed to, but she gave a good reason why. She was behind on some classes and had to take extra credit and also do her unturned in assignments. It's not too difficult without her. In fact, it's better for me since I don't have to deal with anyone or talk to them.