Chapter 29: Potion•

Nate's Pov

Graduation was tomorrow and everyday since what happened in the hallways I've been tempted to go to the hospital and do something I might regret.

I wasn't a bad person. I didn't like hitting girls. Any way I can hit Kris, Ethan will freak out. The first time I hit her, it was so soft that it couldn't have hurt, but it made a sound that made him almost scream.

Hugh and I spotted him messing with Rosa in the hallway a few days ago, grabbing her by her hair and pushing her against the locker. My mind went blank when he did that... He forgotten the promise we made of never hitting a girl again. If it wasn't for Rosa stopping us from tackling him, I would had lost it and went to the hospital as soon as possible.

My heart felt relief when Rosa stopped us. I didn't want to do anything I regretted. She stopped the situation before things got worse. She left and I warned Ethan that he was lucky and I will give him another chance to do the right thing. He nodded and did just that. All together, he just stopped talking and went on with his days.

It was never my intention to hurt Kris, even if I seem like the kind to snap at anyone for something that triggers me, like anyone who would hurt Rosa. Even if I'm at my worse, hitting a girl is the least of my problems and I wouldn't suit that low, even if I'll make it seem extreme.

My mom and Rosa's mom were preparing my graduation cap and gown while I ate some food my mom made.

"Can't you believe our kids are graduating already?!" Mom awed.

"It seems like yesterday that they were in diapers and bathing in the same bath tub!" Rosa's mom giggled. I spit out my food and looked at them like they were crazy.

"Hey!" I blushed. They just laughed at me.

"Oh come now, Nate. You know one day you two are going to get married and make us in laws!" Mom held Rosa's mom's hands excitedly "You'll get married and share a bath together like old times!" I spit out my food again and coughed from choking a little. I wiped my nose and saw blood.

"What are you trying to do?!" I glared at them, which made them laugh hysterically. I groaned and left my food on the counter so I could go outside.

I put my hand on the handle and overheard the two of them talking "How's Rosa been?"

"Well, she's been so invested in the same thing for weeks. It's really taking a toll on her"

"Did she say why she needed that berry?"

"No, and she won't tell me. She said it's because I'm a nurse and I wouldn't understand. What is that suppose to mean?"

"That's really concerning..." I opened the front door and walked out, not wanting to hear anymore. I was fully aware that Rosa hasn't been herself lately.

At school, Dawn told me how she acted when she spoke to her and also said she was acting weird. To put the icing on top, May acted even more weird and always made sure Rosa was okay, like she knew something was going to happen. It freaked me out on how those two were acting weird... Acting more strange than Serena.

I walked outside and saw the little girl from before, Zoey, walking up to Rosa's door with a bag of berries. Turning out to be a Pokémon, she's been hanging out with Rosa a lot lately despite Rosa denying that she had another Pokémon besides the one that's in the hospital.

"Hey" Hilbert walked up to me while carrying a bag of groceries "What are you doing?" I pointed at the little girl "Oh, isn't that the little girl that follows Rosa everywhere?" He looked back at me "Speaking of which. Weren't you suppose to help her get a Pokémon?" I pointed at the girl again.