Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for any mistakes with punctuation, my correction program has been playing up lately :\

Enjoy! XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lifted my head from my pillow to the sight of blackness. 

Must be night time. 

When did I fall asleep?

Why had no one woken me up? Now I've missed dinner.

I got up from my bed and walked to the door, reaching for the light switch to be in vain. Must have shorted out. I knew we should have got a licensed technician.

I'll just use my wolf sight but sometimes I feel as if it's cheating because night is supposed to be night when in human form.

I walked down the stairs and around the house; no one in sight waw something I noticed a bit before noticing the carpet had been torn. Deciding to follow it I ended up in the lounge room but the couch was torn, fabric and foam all around. 

What happened? 

Lightning flashed outside followed by thunder not to far after. A storm is coming and is almost here.

I sniffed the air, my nose filled with the horrible smell of 'them'! The hunters had been here! I looked around the room quickly and noticed the faint silhouette of a person sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. I put my eyes into focus but once you see something you can’t erase it, unfortunately. 

There she was my best friend and Beta, dead, bullet wounds and blood everywhere, the blood still tricking out of her mouth and wounds. This had happened not all that long ago.

I ran to her side tears brewing inside of me. What had happened? Why was I still perfectly fine? It was too late to do anything for Tasha: it was too late. I got up slowly as lightning flashed and thunder rumbled and walked out toward the stairs in search of anyone else.

Another flash of thunder caused my head snapped to the front door by instinct as I walked past it on the way to the stairs. It was only then I noticed the door was on the floor; claw marks slashed across, much like those along the wall by the doorframe and the scratches on the couch. A fight?

I ran to the door, it splintering under my bare feet. I peered outside into a black hole of nothing. Lightning flashed once again revealing the content within the darkness for a split second. Enough for me to catch a glimpse of another figure lying on the ground before the rain came tumbling down in buckets.

Sprinting toward the figure, my feet sloshed in the already muddy ground. I knelt down beside the person, the person who I knew to be like my brother. 

His eyes open in terror, blood seeping from a gaping hole in his chest: his throat sliced and bullet and knife wounds littered his body. Just like Tasha, Jesse had been taken away from me! Why them and not I?

My tears mixed in with the rain that pelted my face as I reached over to shut his horrified eyes before getting up still looking at Beta's dead body.

Blood dripped onto his shirt leaving a mark. Where… I reached up and touched my forehead touching it and wincing with the slight pain it caused. Bringing my hand back into view it was thoroughly covered in blood before the rain-washed it away, I also noticed a gash that went the distance around my wrist. When did this happen? 

As my focus drifted away from my hand but what was behind it brought more sorrow and tears to me. There before me was a graveyard: a graveyard of the dead bodies of my Pack.