Chapter 4

Chapter 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Light streamed through my unopened eyelids as my mind came back to me. It still took a fair amount of energy to open my heavy eyelids but when I did they were protruded by light. I groaned at the pain that swirled around my head when I sat up and looked around. The white walls, roof and hard floors gave the idea of a hospital which was answered correct when I looked to my right and saw two other beds both of witch were occupied with people I knew.

Shaun was laying there looking peacefully asleep where as Nelson was laying in the bed furthest away from me looking quite uncomfortable with is face pressed into the plush pillow, belly down, shirtless with thick white bandages wrapped around his right shoulder. The place smelled of werewolves but that only meant it was the werewolf wing of the hospital. I glanced over at the window and saw a cute little brown coloured bird sitting upon a branched, which branched out near the large window of the room. I smiled as the little bird sang its morning song while the early rays of light stretched toward me lapping at my aching and burning skin.

Movement to my left withdrew my attention from the beautiful picture outside. I turned slowly because my head was still clouded and saw that it was Shaun who was the source of the movement. He stirred a little in his bed before he finally opened his eyes. I sat up more groaning slightly in the process. Shaun looked over at me and we smiled at each other, happy to see the other was safe and sound. 

“How you feeling?” we managed to ask at the same time to which we chuckled a little at.

“You first,” I gestured to him with little movement still felling drowsy.

“I’m ok the doctor came in earlier this morning I only had a mild concussion. I had woken up in the car last night when we were on our way to the hospital. What about you? I asked the doctor when he came in and he said you had a seriously deep gash?” Shaun told me as he sat up and turned toward me, hanging his legs over the edge of the bed. He winced slightly probably from the concussion. It was then that I noticed that we were still in the clothes we wore last night so Shaun was still wearing his tight dark blue tee and dark jeans and his leather jacket that he must have put on after the accident.

“Yeah that about covers it. My skin aches and burns in places though and my head is just a little clouded.” I answered as Shaun got off of his bed and walked over to the end off my bed on the side furthest from him. I watched him do so and noticed that my right leg wasn’t under the stale white sheet but was sitting there wrapped in blood stained bandages.

“You don’t do things by halves do ya?” he asked with a hint of sarcasm.

Just then a nurse came in with an arm full of bandages; looks like she’s going to change our dressings. She had red-brown curly hair, blue eyes and was wearing a pale blue dress uniform, “Excuse me sir but please go back to your bed.” She asked Shaun ever so politely.

“I just want to see how bad Layla’s leg is.” He whined back while smiling at me.

The nurse rolled her eyes but didn’t bother arguing with someone almost three times her size. She came over and asked Shaun to hold my leg up so she could change the dressing and he did so. She started to unwrap the cloth bandage and as she got closer to the wound it started to stick to the still fresh blood. That can’t be right? It should have stopped bleeding by now. The final layer of the bandage was unwrapped revealing the nice big gash that ran down the length of my calf.

“Why hasn’t it started healing yet?” I ask feeling a little unnerved at the sight of it.

“We annualised the flesh to find traces of silver. Was it a knife that got you?” she explained, I nodded, “Well then the theory is that you were stabbed with a silver coated or silver dagger/knife. I’m sorry to say but as you know silver is highly reactive to us werewolves and it will take much longer to heal and there are high chances of scarring that is why not even the stiches have helped much.” She explained sounding quite professional.